IT Support Engineer
We are working with a growing international company with locations in over 18 countries and close to 4,000 employees worldwide. Due to a recent opening, this leading specialist in the development and manufacturing of textiles for the mattress, mattress covers, and sleep solutions is looking for an IT Support Engineer in their office located near Greensboro, Winston Salem, and the High Point North Carolina area. This position will report to the Director of Design for North America and offers a competitive salary with full benefits. This is an in-office position with the potential for some limited work from home days.
Main Responsibilities and Key Result Areas:
- Investment and training budgets and proposals
- Internal IT and computer use procedures; build IT documentation and improve the IT knowledge base, both for end users and internal IT users
- The IT and telecommunication activities including operation, implementation, analysis, training, support, procedure development, troubleshooting and remediation
- The cooperation with the corporate IT department to ensure transparency between US and international business units and Head Quarters, while taking advantage of the scale efficiencies
- Implement group IT solution and strategies for the IT needs (including project organization, implementation strategies …) for BDUS computer systems (SAP, LAN, PC, telecommunication…)
- First contact to for end users to handle their IT problems, questions and requests (via phone call, face to face, IT service desk tool)
- Maintains contracts with companies and organizations that are relevant for the efficient operation of the IT department
- Coordinate with other departments to assure a smooth operation and thorough understanding of the IT needs and opportunities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and administration of local area network to include:
- User access and support
- Server hardware administration and maintenance
- Network hardware equipment maintenance
- Mobile phone support
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Physical installation of server- and networking equipment, network patching, backup handling…)
- Support computer hardware and peripheral equipment:
- Installation, maintenance and management of the lifecycle of all end user equipment, including hardware and software installations
- Monitor, maintain, repair, and purchase computer systems, peripheral equipment and televisions
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Maintenance and administration of the VOIP telephone system:
- User access and support
- Server and telephone administration and maintenance
- Help Desk Support:
- Assist end users in resolving hardware and software issues
- Analyze and route issues to proper IT support
- Diagnose problems and perform troubleshooting activities
- Document, track and monitor problems via JIRA Help Desk
- Normal work hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- The IT Support Engineer will be on call to address user issues after hours and over the weekend
- The on-call hours are shared between two coordinators
- Project work and system maintenance will require working extended hours and weekends as needed to complete work
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.