Quality Process Engineer
We are working with a growing, US owned, 50+ year Textile Manufacturer has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly produce yarn, upholstery, and industrial textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace along with some of the most recognized brands in their industry. Quality company with Quality people and solid benefits. The company is looking for a Quality Process Engineer for their facility in western South Carolina. These facilities produce products for their market-leading and globally recognized brands/products. This position will report to the Quality Manager.
- Drive the pursuit of quality excellence for facility. Support the strategic direction that will provide growth of the business and meet customer requirements
- Support critical quality processes within facility. Drive performance to targets derived for each process and provide methods for tracking performance and generating improvement. Ensure strategy and initiatives are aligned with the departments
- Implement and improve the management system across the operational processes and facilitate accountability for achieving results. Ensure internal/external processes and metrics are aligned
to provide highest competitive advantage
- Develop tools (KPIs, scorecards, corrective/preventative actions), support internal and external audits, and participate management reviews expanding the effectiveness of the management system
- Participate as a member of the quality team serving as a resource to the business to accomplish strategic objectives and successful implementation of the management systems
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
- Execute the quality goals and metrics for Glen Raven Material Solutions Group within the facility. Support the management strategy and drive objectives with each department:
- Collaborate with management and key stakeholders to understand the strategic objectives and ensure that the quality management strategy aligns with these goals
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of the current quality management processes and identify areas for improvement and optimization
- Pinpoint roadblocks for utilizing the quality management strategy, outlining key milestones, resource requirements, and timelines
- Collaborate across the functional areas and business units within Material Solutions Group and other corporate functions:
- Communicate the quality management strategy effectively throughout the organization, ensuring buy-in and commitment from all departments and team members
- Participate in regular quality review meetings with cross-functional teams to address challenges, share best practices, and foster a culture of quality consciousness
- Conduct periodic internal quality audits to assess adherence to established quality standards and drive a proactive approach to quality management
- Support the development and implementation of new products into operations working closely with R&D
- Monitor key quality performance indicators and maintain them to hit management system and business targets. Develop metrics, calculations, and monitoring/control systems as applicable. Define the necessary resources (headcount/process) and identify opportunities:
- Monitor and evaluate quality performance indicators, analyzing trends and deviations to identify potential issues and opportunities for improvement
- Utilize statistical analysis tools (PowerBI/Excel/other) and methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, TQM) to monitor quality control data and drive data-driven decision-making
- Support timely and effective resolution of customer complaints, elevating critical issues to senior management when necessary
- Identify initiatives to proactively address customer needs and expectations, thereby enhancing overall customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Build a “quality-first” mindset and drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing plants:
- Lead cross-functional teams in root cause analysis investigations for significant quality issues, guiding them in identifying effective corrective and preventive actions
- Participate in quality improvement projects using methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, or Total Quality Management (TQM) to drive measurable results
- Track and report on the progress of continuous improvement initiatives on overall product/service quality and operational efficiency
- Stay abreast of changes in relevant industry regulations, standards, and certifications to ensure the organization’s ongoing compliance. Facilitate the smooth and successful completion of audits and inspections
Minimum Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
2-3 years in a manufacturing environment preferred
Quality and/or industrial engineering experience preferred
Knowledge and/or experience in application of progress tools: (RCA, 5 Why, 5S, Kaizen, SMED etc.)
Ability to work alone
Good communication and presentation skills
Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.