We are working with a growing, US owned, 50+ year Textile Manufacturer has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly produce yarn, upholstery, and industrial textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. Quality company with Quality people and solid benefits. The company has an opening for two (2) Process/Mechanical Engineers – 1 near Greensboro/Durham, NC and one NE of Durham, NC. These facilities produce products for their market-leading and globally recognized brands/products. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
- Be an active on the floor resource to troubleshoot and improve both equipment and job personnel performance
- Recommend, direct and perform analysis, studies and related actions aimed at improving productivity, quality and operational efficiency for one or more manufacturing areas
- Define the necessary resources to achieve the mission of the manufacturing area
- Develop, monitor, visualize and drive KPIs for assigned manufacturing areas
- Participate as a member of the leadership team to advance the general well-being of the plant
- Participate as a member of the support team for the manufacturing area(s)
- Identify and exploit potential progress
- Recommend optimization solutions and follow through with their implementations
- Complete an area diagnostic, exploit and prioritize potential progress and develop study portfolio to improve the productivity, quality and operational efficiency
- Do optimization, root-cause and correlation studies within the assigned manufacturing area
- Use the appropriate methodology and tools to efficiently identify and develop corrective actions to problems
- Engage operator, management and support groups in the problem-solving methodology and solution generation
- Establish metrics, calculations and any monitor/control systems
- Define the necessary resources, capabilities, and capacities (theoretical + actual)
- Analyze and take into consideration benchmarks and best practices to challenge current performance
- Develop and improve the mechanical systems to support cycle times and production targets in support of the annual business plan
- Establish performance standards with benchmark and best practice data
- Establish the theoretical and actual capacity of all manufacturing equipment based on cycle time, downtime losses, operating efficiency, and staffing
- Define and exploit the root cause of quality losses and provide management a list of corrective actions and performance improvement projects
- Implement process for measuring and monitoring KPIs; to include Capacity, Quality, Safety and Downtime
- Advance the manufacturing department performance and all operational areas and drive continuous improvement
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs to improve performance
- Be a driving force in the definition of the key equipment attributes at the strategic, tactical, and manufacturing equipment level
- Focus on Cost and Delivery
- Define proactive indicators (HrxHr) in relation with manufacturing department goals and objectives
- Analyze deviations to KPI targets and provide avenues of progress to bring back into alignment
- Facilitate problem solving initiatives and bring methodological support to teams
- Analyze and take into consideration the industrial best practices
- Recommend progress actions
- Develop and maintain list of Progress Studies
- Facilitate development of annual operational plan
- Recommend progress opportunities and contribute to developments of manufacturing department progress plan
- Breakdown annual objectives to the equipment level such that HrxHr targets can be established
- Implement the actions to reach the established objectives (Study or competency development)
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years (Co-Op and internships count) in applicable role
- Machine centric approach (Strong shop floor intuition)
- Continuous Improvement Techniques (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Analytics (Excel, Access, SQL)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Team Focused
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.