Outside Process Engineer
This US owned Textile Mill has been in business for 50+ years and has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly do upholstery and industrial textiles. Excellent reputation in the marketplace and are here for the long haul. Quality company with Quality people. Solid Benefits. Position is located in Western South Carolina. Will require 20-40% travel, mostly day trips.
- Create and track KPI’s for outside finishing and/or weaving processors
- Create and implement a quality and manufacturing system for outside finishing/weaving processors
- Visit outside suppliers on a quarterly basis or as needed to audit adherence to their defined quality and manufacturing systems
- Create and implement Power BI tools to track KOI’s of outside finishers/weavers
- Report on variances to KPI’s to CF leadership team
- Create action plans to reduce gaps to KOI’s and assist outside suppliers in their implementation
- Assist CF Network plants in continuous improvement objectives by facilitating workshops and other problem-solving events, creating Power BI and other data analysis tools to support achievement of business objectives
- Research customer complaints due to outside finishing/weaving processes, identify root causes and develop solutions to solve root causes
- Participate as a member of the leadership team to advance the general well-being of the plant
- Participate as a member of the support team for the manufacturing area(s)
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
Identify and exploit potential progress. Recommend optimization solutions and follow through with their implementations:
- Complete an area diagnostic, exploit and prioritize potential progress and develop study portfolio to improve the productivity, quality and operational efficiency
- Do optimization, root-cause and correlation studies within the assigned manufacturing area
- Use the appropriate methodology and tools to efficiently identify and develop corrective actions to problems
- Engage operator, management and support groups in the problem-solving methodology and solution generation
The manufacturing key performance indicators are in place and maintained. Establish metrics, calculations and any monitor/control systems. Define the necessary resources (headcount/process) and capacities (Theoretical + Actual):
- Analyze and take into consideration benchmarks and best practices to challenge current performance
- Develop the JSS, cycle times and manufacturing post production targets in support of the annual business plan. Establish performance standards with benchmark and best practice data
- Establish the theoretical and actual capacity of all manufacturing equipment based on cycle time, downtime losses, operating efficiency, and staffing
- Define and exploit the root cause of quality losses and provide management a list of corrective actions and performance improvement projects
- Implement process for measuring and monitoring KPIs; to include Headcount, Capacity, Quality, Safety and Downtime
Advance the manufacturing department performance of all operational areas and drive continuous improvement:
- Define operating procedure and general organization in the sector
- Be a driving force in the definition of the key performance indicators at the strategic, tactical, and manufacturing equipment level. Focus on Cost and Delivery
- Define proactive indicators (HrxHr) in relation with manufacturing department goals and objectives
- Analyze deviations to KPI targets and provide avenues of progress to bring back into alignment
- Facilitate problem solving initiatives and bring methodological support to teams
- Analyze and take into consideration the industrial best practices. Recommend progress actions
- Sustain, in conjunction with management, the results of quality related method changes
- Facilitate, based upon competency, Value Chain, SMED, Kaizen, and RCA events to drive progress
Development and maintain list of Progress Studies. Facilitate development of annual operational plan:
- Recommend progress opportunities and contribute to developments of manufacturing department progress plan
- Breakdown annual objectives to the equipment level such that HrxHr targets can be established
- Implement the actions to reach the established objectives (Study or competency development)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 2-3 years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Quality and/or industrial engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in application of progress tools: (RCA, 5 Why, 5S, Kaizen, SMED etc.)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.