Senior Polymer Scientist
We are working with a global leader in the production of Resin, Synthetic Rubber, Synthetic Fibers and Filaments. The company is engaged in Chemical Manufacturing, Elastomer/Polymer Compounds and other applications for the Automotive, Medical, Footwear, Consumer Goods, and various industrial applications.
Looking for a Senior Polymer Scientist to work in the company’s west Houston, TX location. The Senior Polymer Chemist position is primarily responsible for defining, leading and driving new product development projects that involves Polymer Synthesis, Structure-Property Correlation, Analytical Measurement, Application Testing, and Production Scale-Up.
• Initiate and lead new product development projects, ensure that projects & initiatives are completed on schedule and budget, meeting or exceeding the expectations
• Design and conduct experiments to test, prove or modify the hypotheses and value propositions
• Review experimental data, provide a preliminary interpretation, and draw a conclusion. Proposes next steps and strategies of development efforts
• Compose progress updates/reports and communicate regularly project status & timelines to leadership team, R&D group, and business teams
• Independently present experimental results to internal/external customers or team members
• Follow company’s Innovation process, leverages the process to the highest standard, holds self and others accountable to deliver all necessary tasks within the process
• Set personal goals & objectives, KPIs & plans in good alignment with BU, global R&D strategic goals & key initiatives each year
• Drive impactful new product commercialization by working closely with BU, New Process Development, Quality Assurance, Production, and Supply Chain
• Support BU on strategic planning, market developments, regular project updates, key customer visits, conference & trade show attendance, technical service, and so on
• Works with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent applications. Maintain awareness of competitive technologies and intellectual properties
• Establish contacts and networks with internal/external customers with limited guidance
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge in areas of responsibility, including client needs, latest technologies, and relevant scientific understanding in related areas
• Understand the competitive environment and translate opportunities into development programs
• Ensure a safe, secure, healthy, and environmentally friendly workplace
• Travel up to 10%
• 5+ years’ experience in polymer synthesis
• 5+ years’ experience in testing and characterization of polymer properties
• Ph.D. degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related subjects
• Experience in intellectual properties and patent applications
• Good understanding of polymer structure-processing-property performance relationship
• Good knowledge of Polymer Material Science, Rheology, Processing, and Applications
• Experience in Design of Experiment (DOE)
• Ability to set goals & objectives and identify resources/processes necessary to accomplish them
• Experience in multitask management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.