Principal Polymer Engineer-Scientist
We are working with a global leader in the production of Resin, Synthetic Rubber, Synthetic Fibers and Filaments. The company is engaged in Chemical Manufacturing, Elastomer/Polymer Compounds and other applications for the Automotive, Medical, Footwear, Consumer Goods, and various industrial applications.
Looking for a Principal Polymer Engineer/Scientist to work in the west Houston, Texas location. This role will lead the growth of Styreneethylene-butylene-styrene (SEBS) volume in the Americas region by applying his/her knowledge of SEBS applications and meet the requirements of the application by selecting the proper SEBS grade or develop a compounded SEBS based material to meet the needs of the application.
Provide technical leadership to grow volume of SEBS in the Americas region by:
• Identifying applications that benefit from the company’s SEBS grades or compounds thereof
• Expanding existing applications through technical support of sales and marketing
• Recommending changes, improvements, to the company’s SEBS product line
• Promote the SEBS grade slate by attending industry conferences to meet with new and existing customers, build an understanding of the technical needs, identify growth opportunities, and monitor competition
• Provide training to customers, TSM Sales, and Marketing
• Supporting the start-up of new applications
• Investigating and resolving customer complaints
Apply Technical knowhow by:
• Designing and running experiments to qualify the suitability of the company’s SEBS for customer/market applications or determine the value of SEBS for a customer/market application
• Presenting results and findings of customer’s test requests
• Working with R&D teams to develop and test new SEBS grades
• Communicating the product quality needs of customers to the manufacturing teams
• Improving laboratory capabilities, including the selection of new equipment and the development of new test methods
• Reviewing trade literature regarding SBCs for consumer goods, wire, cable, automotive, medical devices, and industrial applications
• Working with the intellectual property team to document new SBCs or new applications
• 5 or more years of experience in working directly with customers
• 5 or more years of laboratory experience in Rubber or Thermoplastic Elastomer Processing, i.e., Extrusion, Compounding, or Injection Molding
• 5 or more years of experience working in project teams
• Experience with developing new applications is preferred.
• Experience with SEBS or other hydrogenated SBCs is preferred
• A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Material Science is required. A Master’s degree is helpful
• An education including Elastomers, Polymer Science, or Polymer Processing is preferred
• Up to 25% travel with sales staff is expected; destinations include, the United States and South America; possibly Asia and Europe
• Knowledge of Rubber and Thermoplastic Polymer Processing, including Polymer Rheology and Extrusion Equipment
• Knowledge of Rubber/Polymer Additive Chemistry, such as Antioxidants, Oils, Tackifiers, Pigments and Dyes, Slip Agents, etc.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge and innovative creativity to solve polymer processing problems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to handle business meetings, emails, and phone conferences with diplomacy
• Ability to compose well-written reports
• Ability to coordinate 2 to 5 simultaneous projects
• Ability to follow-through on both short-term and long-term product development
• Ability to work well in teams
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.