Director Merchandising, In-Store Display
60+ year family owned and operated retailer with multiple locations in West Central Illinois and Eastern Iowa. Product offerings include Farm, Hardware, Tools, Sporting Goods, Clothing, Housewares, Animal Health, etc.
The Director of Merchandising will lead the in-store display program initiatives to achieve the required sales lift and maintain inventory/shelf stocking levels, while delivering expected gross margin results. The Director will work with the buying team in forecasting future demand and ensuring the displays are stocked to anticipate seasonal changes.
• Accountable for the successful execution of the end cap/ display merchandising plan of monetizing high traffic areas, that deliver additional to sales, gross margin, while maintaining properly stocked end caps
• Collaborates closely with buying and in-store retail teams to ensure that each stores needs are incorporated into the high traffic area’s monetization plan
• Responsible for ensuring merchandising processes are executed consistently across all stores, while working with the buying team
• Demonstrates an impeccable level of detail about leading the setup and rotations end caps and floor displays
• Informs the buying team (at key internal milestones) with strategic insights and identifies additional product assortment or business growth opportunities
• Drives sales and margin lift post- mortem analysis for each end cap and floor display, collaborating with the data analysts and buying teams
• 5+ years of experience in a merchant/buyer role
• Experience in highly seasonal demand cycles is extremely desirable
• Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
• Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and verbal
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Selfstarter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
• Willingness to travel amongst network of stores (day trips by car – furthest store is 1.5 hours from HQ)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.