Strategic Sourcing Manager
Our client is a global producer and distributor of nonwoven used in a variety of filtration applications. Their ability to customize solutions based on customer need has allowed them to develop a reputation of innovation in their niche market. They have multiple sites and sales offices in Europe and the US. This is a fast-moving company with lots of growth ahead of them!
We are searching for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join this nonwovens manufacturer. You will have a knowledge of the industry with experience in developing strategic relationships with current and future suppliers. This is a very valuable single contributor role for the company.
- Develop and execute purchasing strategies for the acquisition of materials, supplies, equipment, and services while reducing expenses and optimizing working capital
- Develop and maintain high value vendor relationships that support reduced operational costs, innovation, and growth
- Forecast vendor raw material requirements, both domestic and international, to ensure it meets the desired production levels
- Investigate, search, and develop domestic vendors for supply of raw materials
- Assure that products being produced are safe, legal and with excellent quality
- Understand and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Collaborate with other departments to identify needs and requirements for materials, supplies, equipment, services, and acceptable substitutions
- Assess current material availability; reasonably predict future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables
- Develop and manage vendor evaluation process including risk profiles, purchase strategies, and relationships
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels within the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks using excellent time management skills
- Possess strong computer skills while willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and terminology
- BS Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related
- 5+ years proven working experience as Strategic Sourcing or Purchasing Manager
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.