Department Manager, Engineering
Our client has built a worldwide reputation for leading fiber innovation in multiple chemistries, with a steadfast commitment to safety, superior quality, service, color, and sustainability. As a leader market solution-dyed nylon in a broad color pallet, they are a pioneer in the production of uniquely colorful and high-performing, solution-dyed synthetic filament-based fiber for diverse industries including flooring, industrial, and transportation markets around the globe.
We are searching for a Department Manager, Engineering to join a thriving industrial fiber manufacturer. Experience in solution-dyed, synthetic filament-based fiber or related preferred.
The Department Manager of Engineering plans, organizes, and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis. Plans documentation system
- Selects, develops, trains, and supervises staff
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development
- Directs the review of production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets
- Directs preparation of accounting records for budgetary, production efficiency or other such purposes
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
- Extruder and Polymer Experience
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.