Director of Product Innovation
This leading and innovative supplier of Bedding, Sleep, and Home Comfort Products, with proprietary products and coveted national brands is growing and looking for a Director of Product Innovation to be based in Upstate NY.
The Director of Product Innovation will create and develop new innovative products for basic Bedding, Sleep, and Home Comfort for the company’s core businesses that demand constant innovation. Think top of bed, utility bedding, mattress, mattress toppers, and comfort/sleep accessories. The position will own the development functions and must establish and manage relationships with various fabric, materials science, polyurethane foam/memory foam manufacturers and ensure the company is on the leading edge of innovations. The position will report to the CEO.
- Trend forecasting: update sales, marketing, and product development teams on product trends from aesthetics, comfort levels, SKU counts, packaging, etc.
- Re-engineering: assist in the redesign and refresh of aging items
- Product selection: advise company leadership on the product needs based on aesthetics, SKU counts, packaging in a manner that communicates a clear brand mission
- Use industry relationships to stimulate retailer and vendor interest, engagement, and attendance at company showrooms
- Potential development and oversight of Innovation “lab”
- File for patents to build intellectual property and protect innovations
- Keep track of competitor’s patents, reading and vetting for potential infringement
- Memory foam background
- Strong technical knowledge of materials, fabrics, foams, fills, etc.
- History of developing innovative products for the home goods/basic bedding space
- Patent filing experience preferred
- At least 5 years of product development or R&D experience in the basic bedding world (top of bed products, accessories, sleep technologies and brands
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with domestic and international teams
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, history of meeting deadlines
- Degree in textiles preferred, advanced degrees even better
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.