Large Home Textile Company producing products under some of the most recognized brand names with close to 100 years of US ownership and multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the US is experiencing fast growth and looking for a Production Manager for their Texas facility. The position is located near Dallas/Fort Worth and comes with a competitive salary, full benefits and 401K match.
The Production Manager will provide leadership to ensure that the plant operates efficiently while delivering quality products and superior service in a safe and challenging work environment. Supports Plant Manager and ensures operational excellence in the following categories: Execution, Financial Control, Innovation, Environmental and Leadership while remaining compliant with all company policies, labor contracts, as well as local, state and/or federal laws as applicable.
Performance Measurement Standards:
The success of the plant and the company relies on 6 key performance indicators (KPIs) -Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Cost, Continuous Improvements, and Human Resources – to evaluate the plant performance and the management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support plant objectives in alignment with corporate strategies and business initiatives
- Improve processes or operational enhancements while maintaining quality standards
- Oversee safety, quality and production while partnering with the Distribution, Warehouse and Maintenance departments to ensure products are manufactured safely and efficiently with attention to delivering high quality products and delivering on time
- Create an environment of teamwork to improve overall performance in the factory floor
- Ensure that KPIs are clear, visual and driven through the plant and Associates are given the leadership and the tools to meet Company performance expectations
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure that the practices foster attracting, motivating and retaining a high-performing, diverse, and engaged workforce
- Ensure safety and company policies are adhered to consistently and effectively
- Engage Human Resources to ensure positive Associate relations including resolving Associate grievances and complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Foster a Lean environment and culture
- Participate, mentor and drive Lean initiatives across all areas in Production
- Coach and provide input to Supervisors to provide quality, timely and consistent performance management reviews as well as support ongoing performance recognition and consequence management as needed
- Other duties as required may be assigned
- Direct reports include Production Supervisors
- Indirect reports include Material Handlers, Line Leads, Machine Operators
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Combined education and experience: 7 years plus plant manufacturing experience including plant management experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes which could include: Visual Management, 5S, Standard Work, Kanban, One-Piece-Flow, OEE, SMED
- Proven ability to guide a Production team and apply best practices in Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Cost
- Strong understanding of manufacturing cost controls, inventory management, HR practices, quality function and manufacturing best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, organization, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment and work well independently
Experience and Proficiency in Competencies necessary to be successful in role:
- Strategic Thinking & Management
- Driving Organizational Goals
- People Management and Developing Talent
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.