Large Home Textile Company producing products under some of the most recognized brand names with close to 100 years of US ownership and multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the US is experiencing fast growth and looking for two (2) Production Supervisors (1st shift and a 2nd shift) for their Texas facility. The position is located near Dallas/Fort Worth and comes with a competitive salary, full benefits and 401K match.
Direct the activities of production in a safe and efficient manner to produce the required quality and quantity of product.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise all departments of manufacturing so the plant runs in a safe, quality-conscious, environmentally clean and efficient manner
- Maintain accurate time and production records and ensure timely delivery of such reports
- Meet established objectives as they pertain to the shift
- Manage department priorities and complete appropriate production documentation
- Review orders in house to ensure accuracy
- Verify that sufficient components are staged to complete production run
- Ensure that correct components are distributed for production runs
- Assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommend improvement in productions methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions
- Ensures the quality of the item being produced is manufacture to product specifications
- Supervises, promotes, and enforces compliance of company policies/rules/procedures
- Trains new hires and current employees in their assigned work
- Oversees and maintains high levels of housekeeping
- Keeps an open communication with personnel
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
Skills/Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The associate must have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Must be able to problem solve and execute solutions
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and possess a sense of urgency
- Must exhibit teamwork
- Must possess the ability to make suggestions that help cut cost, improve quality and processes
- Good computer skills to include the ability to create and update documents in MS Word and Excel is required
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have at least two years of Supervisory experience, preferably in a union manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, some College preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.