Plant Manager, Cut & Sew
This privately held company has a long history of success and continues to grow. They have more business than they can handle right now. They have a Cut & Sew Operation near Tempe AZ where they have about 80 Operators. This reports directly into the President/Owner of the company. Hoping to find someone that can take some of the things he is doing off his plate. They have offered full benefits and a nice bonus plan. Some relocation Assistance. Great area, with lots of choices on locations to live.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of operations on the plant floor.
- Proven production management or other relevant manufacturing experience and responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively report, direct and motivate.
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing process
- 5-10 yrs. of successfully managing a manufacturing production operation
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Advanced training or certification in management and process improvement
- Formal quality improvement experience
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Monitor all operations and processes of the plant
- Provide leadership for implementing quality practices, setting objectives, and achieving goals
- Oversee all manufacturing operations to achieve production goals and timetables
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production
- Monitor each stage of production, analyze current methods and develop new ways to save steps, time and materials; Process improvement
- Oversee training and development of production employees; Cross-train work teams for maximum production flexibility
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs, local and state health and safety regulations, and all legal requirements
- Oversee and direct building and machine maintenance and repairs to ensure a safe and productive working environment
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees
- Practice conflict resolution among departments and employees
Nonessential functions and responsibilities:
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Success factors/job competencies:
- Strong management skills:
- Leadership, Decision Making, Communication and Ownership, Follow Up and Reporting
- Ability to develop new ways to use resources – whether human, material or capital – most efficiently
- Expert organizational skills
- Strong time management skills: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities while paying strict attention to details
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, presentation, verbal and communication skills to effectively interface with management to office and support staff, art and engineering departments, and production workers
- Proficiency with internal software
- Continually monitor and analyze department constraints
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.