Technical Manager, Roadway Systems
We are working with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Woven and Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics. They are privately held with revenues over $180MM+ in the U.S. and another $300 MM+ among their other 6 manufacturing plants internationally. They’re very stable, have extremely low turnover and are very loyal to their employees. They have an experienced team in place that are very supportive and is a fantastic company to work for!
The Technical Manager will report to the Director of Technical Marketing (DTM) to act as the technical expert and representative with regard to Company’s Geo Synthetic products and services in the Roadway/Railway Market. Focus will be on Roadway/Railway System applications including subgrade stabilization, base course reinforcement, pavement interlayers, ballast/sub-ballast reinforcement and associated products. General knowledge of all TCGNA product and applications will be required, including Engineered Structures, Filtration, Drainage, and Pond Capping applications. The Technical Manager (TM) will support the TCGNA Sales (EBM’s and RSM’s) for engineering and technical sales. Position will work with DTM to develop and implement a plan to support the Roadway/Railway System Market and TCGNA products to the specifying community. TM will routinely conduct presentations for technical audiences in private and public engineering firms, at industry trade shows, and occasionally, to a TCG distributor. TM should develop a network of relationships in the business and routinely follow up on those relationships for project leads, etc. TM will also manage TCGNA technical support services and projects, Miraspec software, technical literature, project bidding support and manage design sub-consultants.
Guide to the position/Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as technical liaison between Regional Sales Personnel and Marketing
• Develop and implement a technical promotion plan for key company’s Geosynthetics’ products in the assigned region(s)
• Work with DTM, CSD, EBM and RSM to develop a technical training and assistance program for engineers and public agencies
• Participation in Industry Technical Committees and memberships such as ASTM, TRB, GRI, NAPA, etc.
• Maintain a technical library
• Maintain and formulate test data for submittal packages
• Assist in the development of technical literature
• Assist in Research and Development of products
• Coordinate the communication of technical news and developments to Regional Sales Personnel
• Field technical and engineering related inquiries
• Coordinate with DTM on technical and engineering issues as they relate to Marketing strategy
• Coordinate with DTM to represent, and/or direct the representation of company’s industry functions, memberships, and committees in a professional and ethical manner
• Coordinate preliminary and final design services for projects
• Maintain and update Miraspec software
• Reports to Director of Technical Marketing
Specifications of The Position:
• Minimum education required: BS Engineering, Licensed PE
• Minimum experience required: Extensive independent judgment and product application experience with similar industries
• Requires knowledge of Geosynthetics’ product technology, design standards and specifications
• Extensive geotechnical design experience related to pavement design and geosynthetics. Experience with geosynthetic interlayes
• Minimum of 5 years related applications experience required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.