Junior Technical Designer, Activewear
Our client is a small, growing brand based in Sun Valley, ID that’s dedicated to crafting beautiful and technical mountain Apparel for all who identify as women that fits, inspires confidence and welcomes more women into the outdoors. We are seeking a Junior Technical Designer to join their team in Idaho!
The ideal candidate is an ambitious, flexible and hardworking person with a passion for product, from sourcing recycled materials, geeking out on key features and perfecting women’s fit. As a part of the team, you will be expected to wear many hats within the product world. That said, we’re specifically seeking a candidate with technical product skills and organization that spans product ideation to delivery. This person should be a technical apparel user that keeps an eye on the fashion industry. The right candidate should be someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated and willing and excited to learn all aspects of a growing outdoor brand during a high-growth period. Please be aware that job function will grow and evolve with our brand growth, so flexibility is a must!
This person will be the liaison and point person for all things product between the design lead, the factories and internal stakeholders.
Specific Job Duties:
• Assist with fittings and submit fit comments
• Manage BOM and tech pack edits
• Factory communication in relation to development in conjunction with designer
• Request & manage timeline for strike offs, lab dips and trim approvals
• Research future product trajectory and trends
• Have a pulse on competitors’ products and pricing and the fashion industry
• Maintain & oversee all fabric inquiries (pricing, availability, sourcing, etc.) with guidance from team
• Request specs & input into tech packs before fitting
• Track status/timeline of all samples and production
• Create/manage trim requests & sourcing
• Create & maintain organization system for all fabric headers in office
Qualifications & Skills:
• 3+ years of product development and/or tech design experience
• Degree in fashion design, apparel production
• Demonstrable successes in developing apparel or equipment lines. Particularly interested in smaller brand experience
• Must be detail oriented but able to present the big picture
• Garment construction knowledge
• Knowledge of lifestyle and technical knit & woven fabrications
• Must be a technical products user
• Factory communication & development experience required
• Skilled in creation of tech packs and BOMs
• Garment fitting experience
• Proficiency in Excel and Adobe Illustrator, light graphic design work required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.