Operations Manager, eCommerce Fulfillment Warehouse
This is a great US owned, branded company that has a worldwide recognized brand in the Apparel industry. They stand for quality, everyday comfort, and safety. From the clothes they design, to the
fabrics they select, to their focus on sustainability and community. They offer a great working environment and full benefits. Relocation assistance provided.
They are passionate about collaboration, moving quickly, breaking down barriers, leveraging technology, eliminating bureaucracy and constantly striving to evolve. Their cultural foundation is built on quality, trust, and value, all bundled together in 90 years of happy customers while focused on continuously improving to ensure many more years of happy customers.
• The Operations Manager-eCommerce Fulfillment is responsible for directing the daily activities of the eCommerce functions of our warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervision, and proper utilization of space, equipment, and manpower. As well as improve productivity and efficiencies
• The Operations Manager serves as a coordinator between warehouse operations (inbound, picking, order assembly, shipping) and other areas like traffic, wave planners (USA/SAL), replenishment analyst, inventory, IT, Operations, etc.
• The Distribution Center Manager is accountable for the safe, efficient, and economical operation of the facility and equipment
• Must provide daily/weekly status to Management and follow up on distribution needs (priorities, exceptions, special projects, etc.)
• JFC Operations team (managers, supervisors, leads, operators, etc.), Wave planners/Adm., Planner, Inventory, IT, Inventory analyst/Order processing, Operations team, traffic and HR department. Vendors (equipment, packing materials, etc.), transportation companies, TMS departments, customer
• Responsible for Autostore operations. Autostore is our robots and bin automated picking system that enables direct stacking of bins on top of each other and storage of multiple SKUs in a single bin
• Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and utilization of the facility
• Depending on the warehouse area assigned, the Operations manager will plan and schedule distribution services including receiving, storing, order picking, order preparation, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer level of service standards are met in an efficient manner
• Plan long – range labor needs based on forecasts and input from planner and Senior management. Make recommendations to senior management on programs or processes to improve operations &
then implement approved ideas
• Direct and perform daily, weekly, and monthly warehouse meetings with supervisors and all employees. Interact with Sr. Management to establish goals and objectives both
• Ensure 100% execution in the use of the WMS system to ensure integrity of the information for business planning and inventory management
• Direct the operations of the distribution center supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed productivity standards. Participate in the implementation of new initiative, process improvements,
Inventory Management, Accuracy and Customer Compliance:
• Ensure current and accurate inventory control of each product line in the distribution center. Ensure WMS procedures are followed with no exception
• Develop and implement programs to ensure total accuracy from the receiving process to the ship door. Measure and maintain records to track accuracy performance (indicators like: aging of
pallets in receiving docks, pallets left behind in shipping docks, etc.)
• Monitor compliance regarding label placement, cube utilization of customer trucks, etc.
• Provide feedback to Senior Management, DC supervisors, and employees about the accuracy of the various processes within the DC
• Hold supervisors and employees accountable for achieving accuracy standards as agreed to by senior management
• Ensure the accurate and timely preparation and distribution of reports regarding warehouse operations (i.e. end of the day report/shift for receiving, picking, shipping, status of priorities, etc.)
• Be available to answer questions, evaluate operations, housekeeping, safety, and solve problems. Lead by example by moving at a brisk pace which helps set the standard for employee movement. Practice clean as you go by picking up debris or trash as you tour the facility. Must be available to work past regular scheduled times, overtime, weekend and or holidays if required
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or Equivalent Experience
• 5+ years of management experience in fulfillment center/warehouse operations; prefer retail/e-commerce experience
• At least 4 years of management experience in Receiving, Inventory
Control, and/or Order Fulfillment
• At least 4 years of proven experience of effectively managing large groups of hourly employees
• Experience with building or improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
• Excitement for working in a start-up environment with high level of ambiguity and change
• Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
• Metrics driven mindset
• Customer service obsession, with willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
• Effective communicator and leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
• Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
• Highest levels of integrity and ethics
• Must flexible to work weekends
• WMS (Manhattan is a Plus), ERP (SAP or JBA is a Plus). Warehouse, distribution and logistics knowledge
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.