We are working with a fast growing (business more than doubled in 2022) family owned, women’s apparel company with multiple brands that works with better department stores, over 1,500 specialty accounts, and D2C customers in the US and Canada. The company designs clothes that prioritize comfort, fit, and a unique/modern look that makes women feel confident and comfortable. The company has been in business for over 23 years and has grown to include 3 divisions with six lines per year and over 10,000 SKUs. The company is looking for passionate, creative, and driven designers to meet the growing demands of their clients and customers.
Due to the company’s substantial growth, the company is looking for a Senior Designer with at least 5 years of experience in Missy Contemporary tops and bottoms (knits, wovens, sweaters, outerwear, etc.). This is an on-site/in-office role 5 days/week in their facility approx. 30 minutes southwest of Boston city center.
Join our team as Senior Designer for a fast-growing women’s apparel line known for its unique fabrics and artful silhouettes. This position is focused on woven/knits tops and bottoms that interpret current trends into detailed construction, artful touches, and comfort.
- Support the Creative Director in the inception and design of the collection
- Collaborate with the VP of Product to deliver the merchandising plan, and communicate as styles evolve to ensure that the collection fulfills our plan and timing
- Act as our trends expert by:
- Continually share the current trends and determine how they will influence each season’s line
- Create mood boards and fabric/prints/color palettes that will inform our team and influence the line
- Consistently shop and research the marketplace for inspirations, products, fabric, color, and trims
- Color-research seasonal color palettes
- Prints-research and identify prints appropriate for the line
- Interpret trends to incorporate into our line
- Illustrate sketches and handoff sheets for Tech Designers
- Color cad sketches used for presentations and line sheets
- Develop and comment on lab dips with overseas vendors
- Re-color print concepts and send out artwork for development
- Contribute to the product development process
- Work with overseas vendors on fabric and trim development
- Collaborate with tech design to ensure the product is meeting design requirements
- Attend fittings and take design notes, publish after fitting
- Modify and update sketches after design review
- Monitor the product development process to ensure the product is developed and designed to meet company margin requirements
- Work with Product Managers on development, pricing, and timing
- Adhere to the calendar and communicate with advanced notice of issues hitting target dates
What you bring:
- Ability to present focused visual presentations and ability to speak to designs
- Knowledge of the construction and execution of garments
- Understanding and experience with Product Development of garments from sketch to final approval
- Capability to manage workload, present, and report at a designer level
- Ability to execute designs provided by Creative Director
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Ability to work quickly and execute changes when needed
- Experience in designing for Women preferable, 5-7 years
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.