We are working with a fast growing (business more than doubled in 2022) family owned, women’s apparel company with multiple brands that works with better department stores, over 1,500 specialty accounts, and D2C customers in the US and Canada. The company designs clothes that prioritize comfort, fit, and a unique/modern look that makes women feel confident and comfortable. The company has been in business for over 23 years and has grown to include 3 divisions with six lines per year and over 10,000 SKUs.
Due to the company’s substantial growth, the company is looking for a Product Manager with 3-5 years in merchandising, production development or production role. This is an on-site/in-office role in their facility approx. 30 minutes southwest of Boston city center.
The Product Manager will closely collaborate with Design, Tech Design, and overseas vendors to ensure apparel is developed on time, within the cost parameters and quality workmanship. The position with utilize calendar management, problem-solving, pricing, fabric development, and strong communication skills to oversee the Product Development process. This position requires a highly organized individual who will manage the product development process from concept to bulk production.
- Support Creative Director with general design follow up
- Work with the VP of product on seasonal calendar and coordinate with cross functionals teams and overseas vendors
- Work with overseas vendors on new fabrics and accessories to pass off to design at the start of the season
- Manage the assortment plan with all style details and updates from vendors. Work with the team to help manage workflow
- Communicate design comments to vendors for lab dips, handlooms, and knit downs
- Attend fittings and follow up on comments with vendors for price adjustments
- Issue SMS orders seasonally
- Work and negotiate pricing with vendors each season
- Participate in weekly WIP meetings and communicate updates to the team
- Review execution of all development samples and monitor line development activities throughout the season
- Participate in Seasonal Prep and Line Development Meeting, Pre-Line, Mid-Point, and Final Review
- Escalate and product related issues (e.g., timing, style execution, costing)
- Strong Excel/MS office
- 3-5 years in merchandising, production development or production role
- Strong communication, keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear concise manner
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to solve matter quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to communicate with overseas factories in different areas of the world
- Experience in costing and negotiation
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.