Operations Manager/Assoc. Director of Operations
We are working with a fast growing (business more than doubled in 2022) family owned, women’s apparel company with multiple brands that works with better department stores, over 1,500 specialty accounts, and D2C customers in the US and Canada.
Due to the company’s substantial growth, the company is looking for an Operations Manager / Associate Director of Operations that can assist with streamlining the Operations side of their business to support the growth/demand from their customers. This position will report to the President and will be located in the company’s HQ (Southwest of Boston). This is a key position within the leadership team and will be focused on targeting specific areas in which the company needs to improve operational efficiency and develop the internal structure to support their strategic goals and strong customer demand. Areas of focus will include overall Operations process, systems (WMS and ERP), process improvements, team structure, etc. within the Customer Service, Warehouse/Distribution, Inventory Management, Shipping and Logistics areas. The Operations Manager/ Associate Director will also work cross-functionally with Product Development, Sales, and Planning departments to understand order volume, staffing requirements, key customer program delivery dates, etc.
• Collaborate with ownership/company leadership in assessing the direction of the company, develop short and long-term operational goals, plans, and strategies
• Support the conversion of small-scale processes into large-scale operations and take the lead in expansion activities
• Evaluate, recommend, develop, implement, and monitor operational policies, procedures, and systems to improve and streamline organization and use of resources and materials
• Oversees key projects, processes & performance reports, data & analysis
• Provide inspiring leadership promoting a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale. Coach, mentor, develop, train, support, and supervise staff/associates within the Operations area. Evaluate performance issues, conduct annual performance reviews, disciplinary and corrective action when necessary
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
• Build trust and maintain strong relationships with both internal teams and external partners
• Creates reports for ownership and senior leadership
• Work on developing budgets, ensuring the proper allocation of resources, and ensuring their segments of the business meet their goals
• Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in order management, warehouse/distribution, logistics, etc.
• Responsible for building and managing a team focused on all things supply chain/operations related including order entry, allocations, pick tickets, invoicing, ASNs, warehouse communications, vendor compliance, routing manuals, import logistics, inventory management, etc.
• Establish KPI’s, reporting and monitoring
• Work with domestic and overseas suppliers, transportation partners for ideal scheduling and timelines for deliveries, set best route are rates, review and approve freight terms and agreements
• Communicate with operations, sales, and customer service to ensure any supply chain delays, trends, or challenges are brought to their attention to maximize customer satisfaction
• Analyze data from shipping and delivery process to find bottlenecks and other challenges with a focus on on-time delivery
• Working with inventory control, shipping, and receiving departments to maintain system synchronization between WMS and ERP system
• Drive/support transition to paperless order and picking system/process
• Back order/late order reporting and execution
• Pack & hold program management
• Order and inventory management systems/process improvements
• Organized, analytical, and self-motivated
• Thrives in high growth/volume environment
• Team and solutions oriented
• Takes initiative and seeks growth
• Flexibility to take on various tasks, small and big
• Continuous improvement / six sigma mindset
• Excellent Communication Skills
• No job too small
Experience/Work History Includes:
• Strong operations background leading by example, very ‘hands-on’ and being on the floor with your team when needed
• Experience including efficiency/process improvement, systems (WMS, ERP, etc.) – including improvements / implementation
• Excellent communicator at all levels, you have created/led/elevated teams
• You understand how to implement the company’s “blueprint for success” to all on your team and hold them accountable with positive results
• You have employed LEAN / 6 Sigma practices, continuous improvements, etc. in the Operations area
• Successful creation and implementation of SOPs
• Project Management skills
• Related degree preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.