Assistant Dye & Color/Dyehouse Manager
We are working with a well-established (over 100 years) leading designer, marketer, and manufacturer of innovative textiles for the medical and consumer markets. The company manufacturers medical textile solutions that promote mobility, protection, and comfort. ISO 13485 Certified with multiple US locations and part of a global organization with numerous patents and brands for kids and adults.
Due to an upcoming retirement/succession planning, the company is looking for an Assistant Dye & Color / Dyehouse Manager to work with the current Dye House Manager (who will be retiring in the next couple of years) for their Southern North Carolina facility – east of Charlotte, NC.
The company offers a competitive Compensation package, Annual Bonus Opportunity, Competitive Benefits that include medical, dental, & vision insurances, 401K with company match, Family Atmosphere, Paid Time Off Program, Volunteer Program, Educational Assistance, and an Employee Referral Program.
The Assistant Dye & Color / Dyehouse Manager will be responsible for directing the workflow through the dye department, color and quality standards, inventory control of chemicals, and direct management of employees.
• Uses ERP system to schedule and manage dyeing work daily
• Analyzes luster, color, and hand of product to ensure quality standards are met
• Contributes to color development on new products with R&D and outside sources
• Creates work instructions to ensure proper quality and efficiency for dept.
• Manages and maintains chemical inventory
• Works with maintenance and outside suppliers to repair machines.
• Operates spectrophotometer to determine L.A.B. values of product- report’s findings to quality
• Utilizes standard light sources and light boxes to make subject quality assessments
• Directly manages and delegates tasks to team of employees
• Maintains safe working environment with proper PPE usage and safe chemical handling practices
• Works closely with Plant Manager on production performance, quality issues and general improvements to the dept
• Produces reports and findings to measure performance of dept
• All other duties as assigned or required
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/operations preferred. Associates degree + experience also encouraged.
• Textile experience preferred
• 1-3 Years dye experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Presentation skills
• Team based work
• ERP familiarity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.