We are working with a well-established and growing producer of licensed and private label bath and home accessory products for all major retailers. The company is looking for a Plant Manager for their Southern NJ facility. Reporting to the COO with direct reports including Supervisors in the Warehouse, Maintenance and Manufacturing areas.
- The Plant Manager will drive continuous improvement and optimization of all production and warehousing processes
- Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations and our own efficiency requirements
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining customer quality standards
- Taking full responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from Receiving, Warehousing, Assembly and Distribution and ensure policies and procedures are followed
- The Plant Manager will develop new processes and improve existing procedures to maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Assume leadership of project to upgrade equipment and automation project, working with outside technical resources
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Establish reporting tools and metrics which measure and guide progress, trends and future strategies
- Manage timely receipt of materials and orderly storage in warehouse with full inventory control and visibility
- Assure physical inventory accuracy using current best practices
- Direct shipping activity so that properly packaged and labeled finished goods are staged and scanned onto trucks for accurate and timely delivery to customers
- Re-organize and streamline rapidly growing pick/pack for eCommerce shipments
- Allocate human resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find and address places of waste or overtime
- Commit to and improve plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances
- Stay up to date with and deploy latest production management best practices and concepts
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Experience with and knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- ERP systems experience
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills
- Ability to collaborate with team leaders in other departments
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Management, or related field
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.