For almost a century, this multi-national manufacturer has produced a variety of products for the Home, Healthcare, Transportation, Agriculture, and Defense sectors. Today, they have grown into one of the world’s most innovative Fibers, Textiles, Coatings, and Laminated products producers.
The company is looking for a Purchasing Manager in their South East US headquarters, position reports to the COO.
- 10+ years of Purchasing experience, Inventory Management, and Supervisory roles
- Strong market knowledge of Plastic and Polymer market, strong industry contacts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or Supply Chain Management
- JDE/MRP software experience preferred
- MS Office Suite proficiency, strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated cost reduction history through alternative sourcing, negotiation, and commodity hedging
- Extensive experience managing suppliers, building vendor relationships, negotiating terms and pricing, evaluating ongoing supplier performance and quality of materials and services
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all persons and functions for the procurement of raw materials/plant supplies and receiving warehouse
- Control inventories and maintain necessary turns, including consignment materials
- Negotiate product quality, price, and delivery
- Inbound freight, coordinate with staff and Logistics Manager carrier for best freight rates
- Coordinate new products with support of Technical/R&D process
- Prepare and adhere to department forecasts and budgets
- Plan and manage supplier rebate program and monthly purchasing reports
- Establish system for inventory management and continuous review of obsolete and slow-moving materials
- Supervise up to 7 direct reports and/or reports as requested
- Schedule, organize, and conduct Supplier Meetings
- Plan and organize public relations events, company dinners/supplier meetings
- Global purchasing, oversee the outside processing order system in US and China JV’s
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.