For almost a century, this multi-national manufacturer has produced a variety of products for the Home, Healthcare, Transportation, Agriculture, and Defense sectors. Today, they have grown into one of the world’s most innovative Fibers, Textiles, Coatings, and Laminated products producers.
The company is looking for a Financial Analyst in their South East US headquarters. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting analysis of revenue, credit, expenses and overhead as well as provide accurate and data-based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity. He or she will work closely with senior management to help make informed business decisions. Must be highly detail-oriented, capable of analyzing data and have the desire to contribute to the team from day one.
Essential Job Functions:
- Forecast models for revenue changes and expenditure increases/decreases
- Perform various projects and financial analyses as needed
- Assists in month-end close process including but not limited to preparing detailed account analysis, preparing reports necessary for validating general ledger balances, preparing journal entries, ensuring data is properly recorded to provide accurate costing of departmental activities, performing analytical activities to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Prepare financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Perform monthly and yearly GL closing. Verify integrity of account balances Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in finance, financial planning & analysis, or other related fields. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc.)
- Experience with JD Edwards is preferred
- Proficiency with preparing and modeling financial ratios and analytics
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple task and projects and complete assignments quickly and accurately
- Business to business manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work assignments with limited guidance in a changing environment
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.