Recycling Technical & Business Manager, Americas
This multi-billion-dollar company continues to grow and advance and lead the way in polymer and resin innovation. They offer a great team environment that gets the best out of its team members and they encourage their people to be innovative and try new things. They are looking for passionate people. Solid benefits and relocation package.
Our Client is seeking a Recycling Manager to join and champion Recycling initiatives in the Americas. This position is located in SC. We are looking for a highly motivated professional with similar demonstrated capabilities and strong management skills.
Essential Requirements: 10+ years of experience in the chemical process industry, preferably in polymer production and recycling, with a technical & business development background, experience in managing customer relationships, and product innovation & qualification.
• Champion Sustainability & Recycling initiatives in Americas
• Participate in and support the technology (Mechanical, Monomer/Enhanced recycling, and Pyrolysis/Gasification) selection strategy for the Recycling Business Group’s 2025 vision, work with Americas recycling, PET value stream sites, and other business units to identify gaps and growth opportunities
• Monitor and understand scientific developments and innovations concerning PET monomer recycling and other recovery technologies, lead as the subject matter expert (SME) and function as a technical & business development point of contact for new & emerging approaches to Sustainability and circular economics for packaging
• Identify, evaluate, and source feedstocks toward development of a supply chain for Chemical Recycling
• Leverage internal quality and regulatory resources supporting Mechanical and Monomer Recycling to implement the strategy of enabling fast introduction of products with recycled content
• Support Americas Sites, including the Technical, Operations, and Sales teams, to introduce PET with recycled monomer by coordinating with external technology developers, internal assessment of technologies in the various research & development laboratories across the globe, and interfacing with customers, wherever needed
• Synergize efforts with Regional peers from EMEA and Asia to ensure a globally-harmonized Development & Marketing strategy for the Recycling Group
• Prioritize and manage the efforts of outside vendors and technology suppliers, developers and internal technical personnel to ensure efficient use of resources
• Serve as the Regional contact for main Brand Owners, Customers and other stakeholders in relation to new recycling technology initiatives and/or innovations, maintain regular contact with customers and brand owners to understand technical developments and trends in the market
• Manage relationships and confidential information under agreements between competing suppliers, customers and development partners
• Support knowledge capture and organizational knowledge growth via effective data summaries, reports, and presentations
• Must follow plant and personnel safety programs and safe work practices. Individual will not take unnecessary risks to complete job assignments. Ensure safe work and operation of equipment is being performed by subordinates
• Adhere to all guidelines of the Corporate and Regional Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policies by consistently performing high quality work while minimizing waste generation
• Effectively work across functions and geographies
• Ably manage work and work schedules to support overall program objectives
Education and/or Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
• 10+ years of experience in the chemical process industry, preferably in polymer production and recycling, with a technical & business development background, experience in managing customer relationships, and product innovation & qualification
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Chemistry, preferably Ph.D. in Engineering
• An excellent command of the English Language
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge in the use of I.T. systems, in-particular Microsoft Office applications
• Display a high level of motivation and the capability to work under minimal levels of direct supervision
• Willingness and ability to travel throughout Americas, and worldwide where necessary
• Experience within a similar or technical role within the PET value chain
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.