General Manager, Sales & Marketing
Our client is an international company working to better the world with dependable, responsible, human-scale solutions. They create products that enhance and surpass the basic human necessities of food, shelter, and clothing. From distinctive nonwovens and construction materials, to high-quality feed supplements and industrial apparel, everything they create contributes to the pulse of daily life.
We are actively searching for an experienced General Manager for Sales and Marketing to focus on sales for Produce Packaging, Construction, and a multitude of specialty applications where customers are converters using nonwoven processes such as thermal, extrusion, and adhesive lamination. The position would not only direct sales and marketing but would also manage some key accounts and development efforts. For the future the desire is for this candidate to potentially become the number 2 person with overall business responsibility.
Primary job functions include the development of sales and marketing plans focused on achieving the established current, new annual, and three-year plans to sustain continued long-term growth. Candidate will be responsible for sales and with outside support marketing.
- Sales and Marketing
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to achieve the annual business plan by optimizing the retention of the customer base and by consistently and continuously planning and acquiring new business
- Continue to grow a team culture of effectively identifying and developing new opportunities that leverage on our core competencies
- Identify opportunities to expand sales to existing accounts for current and new applications and to continuously increase the value proposition available to our customer base in order to maintain a high retention ratio and base business growth
- Make recommendations for pricing with existing and new accounts
- The candidate must be very familiar with the components of the business margin and of the profitability of the business to astutely maximize the retention of margin dollars
- Be a passionate internal advocate for our customers
- Along with his/her team, be the primary champion within the organization of the needs, difficulties and expectations of our customer base
- Identify and communicate performance expectations to sales and marketing team in a timely basis
- Continuously monitor, motivate, and coach team in order to identify areas of developmental opportunities, performance improvement and culture fit
- Celebrate success when achieved
- Develop and maintain formal performance evaluation and feedback processes
- Actively engage with customer base and new prospects by frequently making sales calls with sales team to new and existing accounts
- Directly manage certain key accounts
- Seek involvement roles and active participation in relevant trade organizations in order to increase the Company’s visibility in strategic or target industries
- Direct Company’s marketing activities and overall strategies in the various market segments and geographies
- Optimize internal and external marketing resources to leverage competencies and value propositions across Company’s business segments and to identify new territories and applications
- Design and execute marketing strategies that strengthen and grow our brand identity and company’s recognition in the high priority market segments
- Spearhead the creation of quality sales tools, collateral, presentations, videos, websites, and social media strategies that are aligned with the branding and sales goals of the Company
- Be the champion and advocate within the Company for the use of SAP as a CRM tool and vehicle for strong customer service, powerful productivity, and valuable archive of our customer current, past and future communications
- Develop, negotiate and service sales contracts with customers and prospects
Experience / Background:
- “A” Player – in top 20% of field
- 10+ years related nonwovens, converting or composite experience
- Industrial Sales and Marketing Background
- Successful track record of bringing in new business
- Demonstrated superb prospecting skills
- Degree/ MBA preferred not required
- Experience working with diverse global culture
- Proficient in Computer skills to meet job requirements
- Presence – comfortable with and brings comfort to Presidents / owners / middle managers (can work across lines to achieve goals)
- Bi-Lingual – Spanish preferred but not required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.