General Manager, Fiber Business Unit
This company produces a scalable and sustainable universe of peerless high-performance materials created from abundant natural sources. They are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas, and the desire to commercialize new products from nature and is comprised of a team of scientists, engineers, and business leaders that are inspired to impact the world. We are looking for exceptional talent who can contribute to our exciting and fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
The General Manager of this Business Unit will establish the company’s textiles and cotton fabric product line as the leader in sustainable, high performance textiles.
- Direct and manage textiles and cotton fabric business unit activities
- Explore new applications and business models for product technology including integration with supply chain
- Develop strong relationships with existing and new customers, partners and other key players in the industry
- Develop and implement growth strategies and focus areas (identify and prioritize applications/customers for short & midterm business growth)
- Define go to market strategy, value proposition vs competitor offerings, communication & marketing activities
- Drive sales & improve revenues – Generate new business pipeline and drive closure of identified opportunities
- Provide technical support to customers and identify areas for new product development /customization
- Develop and implement new business processes, policies and systems.
- Develop and execute marketing, branding and communication strategies for the business unit
- Serve as a member of the senior management team and work with senior leadership in the strategic planning and execution of objectives for the company
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company goals
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
- Hire, train and develop the team to enable business growth and strategy implementation (i.e., sales, marketing/communication, business development…)
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and professional development consultations with direct reports
- Approve time off requests and payroll hours
- Direct the day-to-day activity of the business unit
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.