Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
This multi-billion-dollar company continues to grow and advance and lead the way in polymer and resin innovation. They offer a great team environment that gets the best out of its team members and they encourage their people to be innovative and try new things. They are looking for passionate people. Solid benefits and relocation package.
Our Client has an immediate opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager located at our SC facility. The Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager will provide leadership and strategic direction to the facility to ensure compliant and safe operation, mitigation of risk, maintaining of ISO Management Systems, and facilitate health and safety ownership by the line organization. This position will report to the VP of Operations for the site and will manage the facility EHS Team. We are looking for candidates who want to create long term value and who are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
• Lead & manage the site EH&S team, ensuring that the site operates in a compliant and safe manner
• Manage site ISO certification efforts, working with site management to ensure proper resources are in place to maintain and/or obtain certifications in 9001, 22001, 14001, 45001, 50001, and others that may apply
• Oversee site Sustainability data collection and internal reporting
• Provide leadership and direction to achieve the EH&S vision by engaging management, developing working relationships with Area Supervision, and promoting employee ownership and decision rights
• Develop and effectively communicate the site EH&S vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders
• Assist facility leadership with the development of short and longterm EH&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
• Provide team members with work assignments, training, feedback, coaching, support and development opportunities, ensuring that knowledge experts are in place for each subject matter area
• Manage risk at the site, ensuring that proper risk assessment methods/systems for identifying, evaluating, and addressing hazards are implemented
• Manage and report leading and lagging metrics to guide the EH&S performance of the facility
• Engage in capital and expense project planning and execution to ensure safe and efficient execution
• Ensure the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet regulatory requirements and facility needs, utilizing qualified instructors and trainers
• Coordinate an active investigation team to participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development and implementation
• Ensures EH&S records are managed in accordance with records management and the applicable EH&S standards
• Occasional travel may be required
Experience and Education Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety, Risk Management, Environmental, or related field
• Minimum of 7+ years of Environmental Health and Safety experience in industrial or manufacturing fields in the US
• Experience working with government and regulatory agencies to ensure Environmental and Safety Compliance with all applicable local and national laws and standards
• Previous leadership role in safety and environmental management is essential
• Certified Safety Professional or Process Safety Management experience
• Experience in chemical manufacturing processes
• Working knowledge of OSHA 1926 and 1910, Environmental Program Areas, and ISO Management Systems
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.