We are working with a leading supplier of digitally printed retail fabrics, finished products, packaged crafts, and specialty fabrics servicing a range of global customers. Due to continued growth, the company is looking for a Production Supervisor/Manager for one of their Digital Printing facilities south of Charlotte, NC
The Digital Production Supervisor/Manager reports to the Division President. This position is responsible for detailed management of all digital textile print production ensuring the highest quality printing standards from orders to completed production runs shipped to customers. The Digital Production Supervisor/Manager must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong project and personnel management skills. A proven record of training employees in safely operating and maintaining equipment, maintaining the highest quality production output providing day-to-day direction to direct reports. Strong technical knowledge of digital print technology and machine maintenance practices and documentation.
- Ensure printing and finishing equipment is properly staffed with trained production staff daily
- Prioritize print jobs directing printer and press room operators daily
- Follow orders through production to finishing and shipping ensuring the highest quality output daily
- Train staff on details of safely operating of all printing equipment
- Establish and maintain equipment maintenance logs advising senior management of parts needs ensuring production up time including proper maintenance practices on all machinery
- Monitor all consumable and supply needs including buffer supply of digital inks, notifying senior management of ordering needs to ensure there are no shortages so expected production output is maintained without interruption
- Cross-train production staff to ensure appropriate print production staffing and output
- Ensure the company print facilities remain clean and organized with direction from the senior executive
- Preparation of daily production reports communicating order status during production meetings
- This position requires an elevated level and knowledge of digital equipment, operations, maintenance and requires continued learning and training on existing and future equipment acquired by the company
- Schedule production to maximize production efficiency and on time delivery
- Ensure proper inventory and scrap practices are implemented and followed
- Coordinate, as required, with outside processors of fabric
Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent background and proven history in managing digital production operation
- Proven management skills providing daily direction to production staff
- Equipment safety, operations and maintenance knowledge, training, and execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills advising management of required information needed to ensure continuous printing production
- Proven record of appropriately managing direct reports
- Knowledge of textiles and textile processing preferred
- Continued production equipment and maintenance training
- In-depth training on current and new production equipment acquired
- Detailed management of direct reports advising the senior executive of additional employee training and staffing needs
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.