Process Improvement Manager
We are working with a 100+ year company that creates and distributes fabrics, wall covering, furniture, rugs, etc. and due to their business doubling over the last 2 years, they are looking for a Process Improvement Manager to assist with all operations, system evaluation/improvements, and project management for their 2 Distribution centers South of Charlotte, NC. This position will report to the Vice President, Operations at the Corporate HQ.
The successful candidate will be exposed to and assist with all operations and system management at the Distribution Center/s. The position will also work cross-functionally with all departments including, but not limited to, tech/IT, customer service, sales, hospitality, design/product team, finance to review and improve the current process flow and be able to present and implement improved processes and procedures to enhance efficiency. This detail-oriented, motivated, hardworking Process Improvement Manager will support the Operations Team with efforts to develop processes leading to growth in capacity and efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity to experience new projects, improve processes, and gain exposure to a variety of different departments within the company!
- Gain insight into day-to-day operations of various departments within the organization including the Distribution Center/s.
- Collaborate with various teams to analyze and improve workflows and processes.
- Gather and document requirements around new DC project tasks and implementations
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
- Chair internal meetings to ensure alignment of schedules
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Represent the DC operations team as the point of contact to ensure alignment of resources with other project directors
- Gather, document, maintain and project statuses keeping the teams on target for implementation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Help ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, and within scope
- Assist with project tasks including data entry, information gathering, testing, and data analysis
- 3+ years of experience with process flow within a supply chain or warehouse/shipping DC
- Knowledge/experience in Process Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Continuous Improvement, Lean Transformation, Process Engineering, Plant Layout/Work Flow, Gemba, Six Sigma, Project Management
- Software/systems implementation experience in ERP/MRP, WMS, TMS, etc.
- KPI establishment along with dashboard creation
- Ability/experience with Financial Analysis including a business mindset in addition to operations/engineering/process improvement
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
- Polished personal and communication skills
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- A self-motivated, proactive, fearless, and positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Quick comprehension of online software and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management or other related majors
- Experience with SQL is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.