Director or Vice President, Supply Planning
We are working with a leading and fast-growing Apparel manufacturer with operations in Central America and the US. Due to growth, the company is looking for a Director or Vice President, Planning for their US Operations located in the South Eastern US
The Director or Vice President, Planning serves as the leader overseeing all capacity and production planning across multiple sites for US Operations. Responsible for analyzing inventory, capacities, and forecasts for all customers over an 18-month horizon. Ability to develop strategic and operating plans to ensure the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth.
- Responsible for complete life cycle planning over multiple manufacturing facilities in a short lead time environment: demand/revenue forecasting, procurement, sourcing/vendor management, inventory management, production scheduling and account management/customer service
- Analyze data, forecast, identify trends, and make judgments regarding manufacturing capacity, material availability and other variables
- Provide insights and drive short and long-term planning/scheduling decisions to effectively balance available capacity and labor
- Collaborate with Inventory Planning, Operations and Customer Service to ensure efficient and effective program planning and execution
- Develop production models and corresponding inventory strategies that deliver against customer service and operational cost targets
- Other duties as assigned
- 10-15 years progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, production scheduling and/or inventory control
- 5-10 years direct management experience in a production or analytical environment
- Must have strong analytical abilities and be detail oriented, with extreme accuracy
- Good communication and team building skills, along with the ability to lead cross-functionally, are required
- A demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Strong information systems skills. Datatex system experience would be a plus
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience
- Leadership through influence and effective conflict resolution
- High level understanding of forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business from an accredited college required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.