Our client is a global manufacturer of a broad and diverse range of stitchbonded, non-woven fabrics-notably the world’s largest producer. They develop products for a variety of markets and applications, including Automotive, Roofing, Athletic Footwear, FR, Bedding, Medical and many others. Founded over 40 years ago they created an expectation that they would be a company with a relentless spirit of innovation always believing there is a better way to do things and a better future ahead of them and they have delivered!
We have a new search for a Process Engineer in technical nonwovens materials. Ideally, we are looking for someone with hands-on skills, particularly in the mechanical or chemical areas – Six Sigma training huge plus!. You would be primarily responsible for leading the training, implementation, and adherence to the quality operating systems, including all systems, processes and procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the quality specifications of all products are met
- Responsible to report metrics for customer quality and internal quality yield along with recommendations to correct negative trends and/or out-of-control conditions
- Provide technical support to the resolution of external/internal quality issues through root cause investigation, implementing corrective action, and verifying controls to prevent reoccurrences
- Assist in the development of procedures and specifications to control quality of purchased raw materials
- Update and develop control plans for critical product lines, including submission of full PPAP packages to customers as needed; translate control plan requirements to work instructions or set-up specifications for operator use
- Plan/support Development or Process Improvement trials on production equipment as needed; fully documents trial results/recommendations as per company process change procedures
- Support, facilitate, and/or lead Six Sigma Projects in support of continuous improvement philosophy
- Support, facilitate, and/or lead Kaizen teams in support of a continuous improvement philosophy
- Degree preferred – not required – in Engineering or other technical field
- ~3+ years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of statistics/Six Sigma techniques
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, can work in team or individual on projects
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.