Our client manufactures a wide range of high-performance nonwovens, using the best technologies, practices and materials which are used across a wide range of applications and products. Over the years they have grown all around the world with over 25 production facilities and over 1,000 employees. This is a thriving global company – excellent time to join the team!
The Production Supervisor (NP3) is responsible for providing leadership to create a work environment that drives and achieves high performance and excellence in safety, quality, productivity, training, and customer service. Fosters a strong team environment built on respect, fairness, and consistent treatment of all employees and provides a positive work environment. This position will supervise hourly employees and report to the Production Manager with a dotted line to the Plant Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the operations team in the efficient operation of the NP3 process in regards to safety, quality, production, policies and procedures, process improvements and training. Ensures compliance with plant safety rules, policies and procedures and established housekeeping practices
- Work closely Quality on release of production
- Provide leadership to create a work environment that drives excellence in productivity, customer service and quality
- Use of continuous improvement skills such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement
- Promote Company principles and values by leading production teams to achieve goals
- Assure customer expectations are met
- Initiate appropriate action for non-compliance
- Fosters a work environment built on fair and consistent treatment of all employees
- Establish and promote a positive work environment
- Manages in conjunction with the Production Manager training of all direct reports. Monitors and provides feedback on direct report performance and provides developmental opportunities as needed
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in relevant role
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills preferred
- The successful candidate will have the knowledge and skills to maximize safety, quality and productivity
- Demonstrated effective leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team and strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing among co-workers required
- Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities
- Good communication, presentation and listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Ability to lift at least 45 pounds
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and reach for extended periods
- Ability to stand for 12-hour periods with two 15-minute breaks and a thirty-minute lunch break
- Experience in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.