Our client manufactures a wide range of high-performance nonwovens, using the best technologies, practices and materials which are used across a wide range of applications and products. Over the years they have grown all around the world with over 25 production facilities and over 1,000 employees. This is a thriving global company – excellent time to join the team!
The Manufacturing Manager manages daily production functions and production supervisors/coordinators directly and hourly employees indirectly. This position will work closely with Production Engineering and Quality on release of production for new products and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with plant safety rules, policies and procedures and established housekeeping practices
- Promote the company’s principles and values by leading supervisors and teams to achieve goals
- Leads, motivates, coaches, develops, instills trust, and holds employees accountable in a firm but fair and respectful way
- Fosters a positive work environment built on fair and consistent treatment of all employees
- Meet customer expectations
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, certifications and ISO-9001 policies, procedures and manuals
- Initiate appropriate action for non-compliance
- Responsible for daily adherence and corrective actions for production
- Acts a plant representative during audits
- Drive daily, weekly and monthly performance metrics to ensure budgetary requirements are achieved
- Manages the hiring, training and performance of all direct reports and provides developmental opportunities as needed
- Use of continuous improvement skills, such as Six Sigma, 5-S and Lean manufacturing, to drive improvement
- Fosters a positive work environment and motivated workforce built on respect and trust
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area or equivalent work experience
- Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to build a united team through personal involvement and trust
- Minimum of five years leadership in a manufacturing environment, with progressive roles and responsibility
- Spunlace, needlepunch and/or textile experience a plus
- Experience applying Lean manufacturing, 5S, utilizing Six Sigma desirable
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Good interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.