Warp Knitting Technician
This company has military government contracts and are working on futuristic and very innovative products. All of the products are made in the US and they involve keeping our military out of harm’s way. They are located near Somerset, KY, a population of over 12,000. People like it because it is a good place to live and not too small and not too big. It is about 1.25 hours south of Lexington. They offer competitive salary and full benefits. Relocation assistance as well.
Responsible for the operating, monitoring and cleaning of the knitting machines. This position is responsible for setting up, making minor adjustments to machines, recording production activities and minor trouble shooting on the operation of assigned machines. Performs minor preventative maintenance activities on assigned machines.
• Setups, threads & operates warp knitting machines in accordance with company policies and work instructions for applicable machines
• Manufactures products to specifications to meet final product customer specifications by operating and monitoring equipment, observing varying conditions, checking quality conditions
• Performs production as scheduled by department supervisor, and/or Operations Manager
• Maintains safe and clean work environment
• Prepares equipment by setting up according to job sheet parameters
• Works with supervisor to ensure machines are setup including beam changes and threading work
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, calling for repairs, etc.
• Monitors and ensures good quality production as defined in specifications and work instructions
• Documents production by completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment
• Follows all established safety requirements
• Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned
• Basic understanding of good manufacturing practices and working within regulated industries
• Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to get along well with others and work in a team environment
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Possess basic mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with ability to work in a high paced environment and follow instructions
• Ability to properly complete paperwork as required according to work instructions, standards or other specifications
• Excellent dependability and reliability
• Attention to detail
• Organizational/time management skills
• Basic computer skills
• Willingness to accept change, learn, and work with new processes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.