Senior Product Developer – Hard Goods
Our client is a leading player in the safety industry. They are looking for a bright, clever and enthusiastic person to join their product team. This role will be an essential part of the new product creation process and will offer a rewarding opportunity to learn and excel in your professional career. They need organized, creative thinkers and self-motivated professionals who can excel in this casual, yet fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will play a vital role in Managing the product development process for innovative, and technical products from kick off to product launch. You’ll collaborate with internal and external teams and suppliers to provide effective transitions from design to development, on time, within the agreed margin parameter and at the required quality standards.
• Manage complex and innovative projects or complex and technically challenging products across different functions and Business Units
• Proactively research new technologies (and materials) to drive innovation and communicate to the engineering team on new development opportunities
• Plan, manage and communicate development calendars, manage external partner for “stand-alone” product categories
• Specify new processes or standards based on product operations harness and RPL strategy
• Develop guidelines and handbooks on these processes/standards and manage their roll-out and implementation across all functions
• Actively develop and maintain a knowledge platform for sharing experiences and technologies with the teams and across different departments
• Train and educate teams across the business
• Guide and mentor junior team members
• Communicate all necessary information to Marketing, Design, and Suppliers to ensure the effective and efficient creation of outstanding product
• Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing. Review, validate and approve costing information throughout the entire creation process. Ensure compliance to agreed standards. Negotiate with supplier as needed
• Manage handover to production to ensure that all information provided is complete. Manage feedback to design and marketing and incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing product aesthetics
• Ensures timely and accurate data entry regarding BOM, costing or other data as required at calendar milestones
• Evaluate all prototypes for compliance with ANSI, manages fit approval/size specification, approval of color, accessories and materials
• Ensure that all prototypes are tested and adhere to our quality, safety and ANSI standards
• Researches innovation from market or supply chain as far as construction
Skills & Experience:
• College or University degree in related field
• Minimum 6+ years of relevant work experience in manufacturing industry
• Expert knowledge in one area of the product creation process in manufacturing and material construction
• Broad knowledge in the remaining areas of the product development process
• Knowledge of wear and physical product testing
• Ability to assess and comment on products including all relevant tasks (e.g. costing, fitting, quality, workmanship or risk assignments, timelines, resources etc.)
• Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as required
• Ability to analyze complex problems and to provide customized solutions
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Understanding of the respective vision and strategy for the brands. Ability to communicate to Management the vision and strategy as well as success criteria needed from sourcing
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Strong MS Office and ability to work with Product Data Management System
• International Travel as required, 10%
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.