Product Sales Manager – Safety, Composite, & Technical Textile Products
We are working with a well-established (over 100 years) company that designs, engineers, and manufacturers specialty textiles and fabrics for a wide range of industries in the defense, aerospace, automotive, medical, personal protection, filtration, hi-performance, sports, and industrial sectors. Products include woven and non-woven fabrics, carbon fiber, coating and lamination for fire protection, thermal insulation/protection, electrical current protection, moisture-absorbency, high flexibility, and many more applications. The company has a need for a global Product Sales Manager – Safety & Composite Products. This is a remote position (prefer someone based on the East Coast) and will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
The company offers a competitive base salary plus bonus and solid benefits package.
Plans, organizes, and controls the Safety and Composite product lines from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties:
• Responsible for day-to-day business management activities for the safety and composites business. Coordinates and leads all multi-functional activities in support of the business including R&D/technical, sales, manufacturing, planning, customer service, and financial. A regular monthly report highlighting all activity will be required for management review
• Has primary sales responsibility for market segments in the safety, composite and Carbon product lines. Relationships must be developed and maintained with key personnel for both current and new customers. Responsible to keep an up-to-date list of customer contacts. Customer visits will be necessary and trip reports issued to keep management group advised of important information
• In addition to current customer requirements a specific focus will be on new market development
• Represents the company at product meetings and delivers sales presentations, technical product presentations and company overviews and updates
• Implements strategic sales and account plans to accommodate corporate goals
• Responsible to follow products through the supply chain and create a pull through with end use customers
• Responsible for soliciting, preparing, and submitting all RFQ’s
• Responsible to track important industry trends and monitor competitive activity. This will include a regular analysis of the current market position of each competitor and key products offered by each
• Responsible to identify and initiate appropriate product development efforts at customer base in order to secure and grow business. Coordination with product development will be expected
• Responsible to coordinate all production planning and scheduling activities at the plant to ensure continuity of product, timely deliveries, and proper inventory controls. Assist in capacity
planning and new machine requirements planning as new markets are developed
• Bachelor’s Degree – 3+ years’ experience in the technical textile markets including sales or new market development experience
• 25% estimated travel is required for this job. Domestic travel to manufacturing sites, customers, suppliers, and other business partners will be frequent. International travel, including outside of North America, may be required depending on assigned programs and customers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.