Regional Account Executive
We are working with a 30+ year fast-growing, family-owned and operated, ISO 9001, multiple brand company whose products are distributed worldwide. In addition to packs, bags, and gear, the company offers a broad range of fire-resistant clothing for extreme temperature/challenging environments (from Firefighters, First Responders, EMT’s, Search & Rescue, to extreme industrial environments including Utilities, Wildland Fire, Oil & Gas, Mining, etc.). The company provides innovative products at competitive prices, with a lifetime warranty and great customer service.
Due to growth, the company is looking for a Regional Account Executive for the Northeast territory (focusing on the Utilities market). This is a remote/work from home position (within the territory) with approximately 50% travel and will report to the VP of Sales. The company is offering a competitive base salary, quarterly bonus, solid benefits, company credit card, mileage reimbursement, laptop and cell phone.
The Regional Account Executive serves as the primary relationship owner for an assigned group of prospective and current client accounts and dealers with responsibility for penetration, retention, and growth. The Regional Account Executive is primarily responsible for identifying and building relationships with the key decisionmakers within the Utility market, have our product added to their programs, and create excitement with end-users to maximize sales that will increase our share of wallet. Furthermore, the Regional Account Executive is responsible for building deep relationships with the key decisionmakers at our larger dealers (such as Cintas, Aramark, Grainger, Fastenall, and many more) and drive the sales of our product via the dealers’ respective sales programs and channels. The Regional Account Executive is also responsible for working closely with clients to identify needs for future product offering and be the voice of our customers to the team in the corporate office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including the following:
- Engage new and existing client accounts to provide value around how end-users can benefit from our current portfolio of products
- Replace incumbent product on programs through a consultative sales approach with key decisionmakers at clients and dealers and align the overall product portfolio to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Strategic account management of assigned dealers via formal (for example Quarterly Business Review) and informal engagement
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with peers and executive staff around opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Build and maintain a strong and healthy pipeline of opportunities of new business with new and existing customers
- As needed, the Regional Account Executive will participate in key industry events to further our relationship with key decisionmakers and build our brand as a premium brand
- Maintain accurate records of customer engagement in the CRM for business continuity, business analytics, forecasting and the effectiveness of the sales team
- Geographic Territory: CT, DE, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team building skills and techniques is required
- 50% travel required, combined with virtual selling to have a multi touch engagement with prospects and customers
- Excellent presentation skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and management presence and credibility
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Demonstrate expertise in gaining access and selling to the mid to senior level decision makers
- Demonstrate expertise working with and through a dealer/distributor network
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience as a direct contributor carrying individual quota
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets
- Protective/Safety/FR/Uniform gear and apparel sales experience is a plus
- Experience selling to distributors and Utilities market is a plus
- Will have accomplished the following:
- Experience independently closing individual accounts with revenue over $2M+
- Ability and experience selling to Manager and Director levels within the organization
- Experience managing and directing the entire sales cycle from beginning to close
- Candidate will be strategic in finding new business using sales acumen and skillsets
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- Attentive to forecasting and business reporting responsibilities
- At least an intermediate level in using a CRM and willingness to use it effectively
- At least an intermediate level in using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.