Senior Sales Specialist
Our client is a global specialty materials enterprise that has been around for over 50 years. From a sole synthetic rubber manufacturer In Asia, they have now become a global leader in the synthetic rubber and SBC industry. With offices across the world, their products serve a wide variety of markets. In recent years they have invested heavily into their US operations, with a focus on innovation and growth. This is an exciting time to join a global leader in chemical manufacturing.
This position optimizes the revenue and profitability of the company by selling specialty polymers to current and potential customer base and gathering market intelligence on growth opportunities and competitor’s activities.
Focus on the use of Styrenic Block Copolymers (SBC)’s in polymer compounds for consumer goods, wire and cable, automotive, medical devices and industrial products.
- Meets or exceeds overall sales volume and revenue objectives
- Develops and implements marketing plans for customer revenue growth
- Develops and implements programs designed to identify growth opportunities and increase market share of the company’s SBC products
- Understands and develops market share information, research on competitors, customers, and market potential
- Systematically analyzes contracts, including revenue analysis and determination of fair market value for products offered
- Manages relationships with customers; assists other Account Managers and Regional Sales Managers with contributions to improve the overall relationship with customers where appropriate
- Serves as the internal “voice of the customer” to ensure that key customer requirements (both current and future) are understood and communicated
- Participates fully on market management teams; meets non-numeric goals & targets; assists in budgeting and problem solving
- Manages, updates, and tracks assigned customer projects to completion
- Ensures collection of accounts receivable for assigned customers; manages dispute resolution; handles claims and complaints in a timely manner once normal collection process has stalled
- Ensures accomplishment of company and customer quality program requirements; effectively coordinates between customers and operations personnel
- Communicates regularly with accounting and supply chain to ensure proper process flow for each customer and customer needs; follows up on all changes to original order
- Completes Key Account Plans (KAP) for selected key accounts
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and written customer visit (call) reports
- Uses appropriate databases; inputs customer marketing data into databases
- Tracks and implements contract changes prior to renewal dates
- Develops sales presentations and proposals; Creates and executes annual sales plans including requesting resources and support needed to execute. Adjusts sales plan to ensure customer volume and margin contribution targets are met or exceeded
- Initiates, manages, and executes formal sales contracts consistent with corporate guidelines and approval process
- 8+ years of experience managing chemical raw materials sales to major accounts – working with multiple customer sites, regions & functions; negotiating complex contracts and supply arrangements; interfacing with senior level customer contacts
- Knowledge of styrenic block copolymer’s applications and major markets, with specific knowledge in the compounding of SBC’s for downstream applications in automotive, consumer and medical markets
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.