We are working with a well-established (over 86 years) large (close to $1B in annual sales and 6K employees world-wide) global textile company specializing in a variety of textile products including Wovens, Nonwovens, Scrim and Geo Textiles, Life Protection and Protective Apparel, Outdoor Apparel, Industrial and Technical Textiles, Coating, Films, Fiber, Chemicals, etc. The company also has operations in the US (for close to 20 years). Due to an upcoming retirement, the company is looking for a Sales Manager for North America. The company offers a competitive base salary and bonus plus generous benefits and a car allowance.
The main focus of the Sales Manager will be on Nonwoven scrim sales primarily sold to customers producing Pond Liners, Tarps, Insulation, Metal Building Facings, Gypsum Board, Cement Board, Commercial Roofing and Single Ply, Industrial Wipes, Medical Wipers, Steel Wrap, Flex Duct, Packaging and Adhesive Tapes, Pipe Wrap, Laminated Products, Automotive Headliners, Filtration Media, etc.
This is a remote/work from home role with travel (up to 50%) to potential and existing customers, company’s US manufacturing facilities, and potentially some minimal travel to the company’s other global locations.
Main Function of the Job:
• Responsible to the Group Sales Director, the Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing sales activity to existing and new customers within the Territory (North America) and developing strategic business plans to expand the customer base and increase the Company’s profit margins
Duties & Responsibilities:
(Note: In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out other duties and responsibilities as reasonably required)
• Develop a sales strategy to exploit growth opportunities and build existing sales territory in order to generate new business and profitability as periodically defined by management
• Pro-active account management; deal with incoming sales enquiries, provide product literature and pricing, obtain orders, attend client meetings, and maintain and expand relationships with existing contacts
• Increase self-awareness of competitors by gathering marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, R&D and service
• Keep the Group Sales Director informed of sales activity by submitting activity and results reports such as weekly work plans, call reports and monthly/annual territory analysis
• Recommend changes to products and service by evaluating results, competitive developments, and customer feedback
• Ensure that client satisfaction is maintained and that queries and complaints are handled efficiently and professionally
• Prepare and present sales pitches to high level executives/decision-makers by studying and understanding customer requirements and markets
• Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales. Maintain and update CRM system with all relevant sales information
• Devise, initiate and assist with Company sales campaigns and initiatives including visible attendance at tradeshows to gather new leads
• Contribute towards and drive new products and systems development
• 5+ years of Textile Sales experience, preferably in nonwoven scrim. Nonwovens and other textile product sales experience will also be considered
• CRM and SAP experience is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.