We are working with a growing industry leading designer, manufacturer (with facilities in the US, Canada, and Asia), and wholesaler of innovative, luxurious, and quality crafted basic bedding with sales of private label, licensed, and in-house brands to retail, eCommerce, and hospitality markets. Due to growth, the company is looking for a Remote Sales Executive/experienced Sales Leader that has current relationships with retailers in the bedding area. Account list includes but is not limited to: Macys, Sleep Number, Restoration Hardware, Target, Big Lots, Burlington, Ross, Walmart, Costco, TJX Group, Sam’s Club. The portfolio of products includes a wide variety of pillows, blankets, comforters, mattress toppers, and more.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Candidate must be able to provide a strategic plan on how to develop the business
- This position is for a hunter, someone that is going to spend 90% of their time in front of new customers and opening new doors
- This person will also be handling some existing accounts
- Need someone that has leadership skills and can work well with operations and other departments in the company
- The key Sales Executive position reports to the President of Sales
- As the Sales Executive you will be fully accountable for the development of your business
- Building successful account relationships with customers as well as helping them find new ways to succeed
- Seek growth opportunities and find new customers along with finding new opportunities for existing customers
- Prepare for meetings by providing direction to your team, communicating new design needs, product needs, preparing pricelists, collecting and organizing samples
- Be prepared to set up virtual meetings and in person meetings
- Maintain all the files and documents for your accounts, pricelists, stock availability, reports, sample and image libraries
- Prepare program spreadsheet with details of proposed orders
- When orders are received check the system, make sure they are processed correctly and accurately
- Track receipts of order and prepare spreadsheets for internal distribution
- Problem solve with your support team, customer service and customers to make sure your accounts are well taken care of
- Visit stores and /or websites to consistently remain up to date on how product is merchandised and displayed
- Provide monthly competitive analysis to President of Sales
- Present financial information such as markdowns, calculations and quotes in a logical manner
- With the goal of providing excellent service to accounts and internal productivity, work and communicate with various departments including but not limited to:
- Operations – Setup, Orders
- Shipping Inventory Control- Projections, Forecasts
- Financial – Business Terms, Credit Chargebacks
- Marketing- Product Presentations, Packaging Requests
- Business Managers – Preparing and Submitting RFQ’s, Sample Requests
- Provide a monthly commentary on sales results and variances against budget
- Must be well prepared for customer meetings along with utilizing effective sales strategies, techniques and excellent communication skills
- Maintaining strong sales skills to lock in new business
- Must be well organized and work proactively with company teams and customers to ensure project timelines are clearly established and respected
- Must be able to work effectively between our customers, operations and planning to provide innovative solutions to our customers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
To qualify for this position here are the following requirements:
- College degree
- Five years of relatable experience in sales and managing large retailers
- Must be fun, creative, positive, focused, well organized, and have a helpful personality
- A love for a great Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation
- Strategic sales planning skills
- Proven sales track record and a background in the bedding industry
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.