Business Development Manager
We are working with a global leader in infection control solution to public and private healthcare customers with strategic manufacturing & supply partnerships with government agencies on 3 continents. The company is expanding with new manufacturing facilities in Canada and Europe. The company has also created a new manufacturing and R&D subsidiary dedicated to the production and innovation of meltblown nonwoven material for internal and outside customers focused on industrial and specialized/custom applications. The company is looking for someone passionate about building strategic business opportunities and driving sales with the aim of making the world healthier and safer place.
The company is looking for a Business Development Manager and will report to the SVP of Commercialization. This is a Remote role however; qualified candidates will ideally be located in the Quebec or Ontario provinces of Canada. The company is also open to US based candidates located in the North East and/or Great Lakes regions of the US. Note, there will be some customer R&D work in the new facility located in NW Montreal, so travel % will vary depending on candidate location.
The company offers a competitive base salary plus bonus, very competitive benefits including 3 weeks of vacation to start, medical/dental benefits effective immediately – no waiting period, retirement plan matching, summer hours, etc.
The Business Development Manager will lead and drive business development and sales activities and deliver sales objectives with external customers to help deliver sales, profitability, growth, plant utilization and strategic objectives.
What You Will Bring:
- 7+ years of sales and / or business development and related experience, including 5+ years in the filtration, sorbent and similar nonwoven media application sectors
- Filtration, sorbent and similar nonwoven product and application experience with a sound understanding of filter requirements and performance
- Excellent spoken and written English language
- Customer-centric and results-oriented with strong commercial acumen and a bias for action
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing business and growing sales in markets and industries in which the company aspires to operate
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and evaluating potential business and product opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships in a B2B environment
- Deep experience in nonwoven/meltblown material product categories, industries and market verticals
- Understands the key elements of sourcing, manufacturing and related operational activities
- Professional presence, good communication skills. Able to present to both internal and external audiences and develop productive relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team, to be able to influence without authority and be relied upon to get things done. Identifies closely with, and is committed to, the achievement of the Company’s vision, mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related discipline would be considered an asset
- French language
- Experience in meltblown / nonwoven material applications and science
- Experience within the health care industry, air or any other filtration, sorbent, or other nonwoven industrial product with well-regarded medical device and/or industrial products companies preferred
What you will do:
The primary responsibilities of the BDM will be:
Business Development: Identify, define, prioritize and develop opportunities to strategically partner with commercial, institutional and government entities across attractive industry sectors to develop new business streams for specialized meltblown products in Canada and the United States. The filtration, sorbent and similar nonwoven sectors will be a particular area of focus; however it is anticipated that opportunities will be created more broadly.
- Identifying industry and meltblown application trends and developments by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Locating and proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners
- Discovering and exploring business opportunities
- Screening potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements and financials
- Examining risks and potential for new business opportunities
- Working closely with the company’s Research Hub to help develop new meltblown solutions that address the needs of identified strategic partners
- Enhancing the company’s reputation in Canada’s meltblown industry ecosystem by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Sales & Customer Onboarding: Achieving sales targets by closing new business opportunities in a disciplined and timely manner to help deliver plant utilization, strategic sales and profitability objectives. This includes:
- Developing annual sales plans by product category, customer and market segment to maximize sales results
- Maintaining customer and opportunity data in accordance with the company process and requirements
- Develop quarterly customer activity plans including regular in-person visits to key customers to develop strong business partnerships and identify new opportunities
- Providing updated sales forecasts as required by product and customer and collect competitive information
- Evaluating options and resolving internal priorities
- Coordinating with internal and customer requirements
- Developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business and production operations
- Actively support all commercial strategy, planning and related activities for current and future products and business initiatives
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team
- Provide expertise and support for the development and growth of meltblown portfolio and category, including applications incorporating meltblown
In undertaking these responsibilities, the BDM will:
- Develop a simplified, consistent and structured framework for sales and business development planning and execution
- Help define and prioritize key business development objectives, goals, measures and outcomes
- Support the company budget and business planning processes
- Collaborate, align with and seek input from key internal partners & functional areas including Marketing, Manufacturing, Operations, Sourcing, Research Hub, Finance, Human Resources, IT and Strategic Initiatives
- Convert insight to action. Ensure the utilisation of customer, supplier and market data to drive the business
- Build stronger awareness of the key elements of the meltblown industry and its various applications to support the achievement of the Company’s growth and profitability objectives and customer experience
- Actively and effectively communicate with all internal stakeholders on the key initiatives described above. Be sure senior managers are continuously aware of progress to allow for adjustments accordingly
- Work directly with customers at all levels of the organization on a regular basis as well as ongoing tradeshows. The objective is to be visible and viewed as customer centric while looking for opportunities to drive new business
- Act as an important player, partner and contributor to the team. Participate actively as a member of the team fostering goal achievement, team building, communication and joint problem solving
- Cooperate with other Business Units on specific issues or group matters to ensure common success
- Support new product development to create future sales
- Must be capable of interacting effectively and influencing without authority with external stakeholders and at all levels of the Company
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.