Engineering Business Manager, East Coast
We are working with a fast-growing global leader and manufacturer of Woven & Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics with sales revenues in excess of $600M in this division and total corporate sales over $1B. This is a stable company with extremely low turnover and excellent benefits!
The company is looking for an Engineering Business Manager, East Coast (this is a sales position). This is a remote/home-based position preferably based on the US East Coast. The position reports to the Commercial Director and has the support of a Sales Manager and Technical team. In addition to a competitive base salary, company car (wide range to choose from), the company offers a lucrative commission plan.
The purpose of the position is to develop relationships within the specifying community (public, private, commercial, and industrial/utilities influencers) to generate specifications for the company’s products. The Engineering Business Manager will conduct presentations to technical audiences in private and public engineering firms, industry trade shows, and distributors. The primary focus will be on the company’s proprietary Roadway and Capping products. Secondary focus on company’s other products used for civil, geotechnical, geo-environments, retaining structures, reservoirs, canals, dams, erosion control, landfills, mining, etc.
- In coordination with the Region Sales Manager, develop and implement a technical promotion plan for products
- Proactively engage Region Sales Managers to develop a technical training and assistance program for representatives and distributors
- Diligently utilize provided tools, such as CRM, to post, track, share information, and close opportunities
- Proactively travel to engage Targeted specifiers – >50% of work time
- Provide technical support to Regional Sales Personnel and Marketing for the specific marketed products
- Upon a successful specification with a specifier, EBM should proactively engage and monitor project to its conclusion
- Ideally, complete at least 50 specifier/influencer presentations per year
- Occasionally provide support or guidance to Tech Services group
- Ideally, should know key DOT personnel including Pavement, Geotech, Materials in the region
- Participation in local industry committees and memberships such as ASHE, ASCE, APWA, ACEC, & G-I as agreed to with Manager (Technical Service will handle ASTM(TS), FHWA(TS), TRB(TS)GRI, ASCE, etc.)
- Coordinate the communication of technical news and developments to Regional Sales Personnel
- Field technical and engineering related inquiries
- 3+ years of sales experience in the construction market selling construction products
- Will also consider engineers currently working in Civil or Geotech firms looking to move into sales/business development
- BS in Engineering (Civil or Geotechnical preferred), or significant/related technical experience
- Excellent communication skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.