Production Manager – Contract (6 – 8 months) with permanent option
We are working with one of the largest branded (top recognized brands) and private label suppliers of home textile products in the world with products sold globally to every key retail group, from opening price point to luxury. The company is looking for a Bedding Production Manager to start ASAP and fill in for 6 to 8 months as the current employee is going on maternity leave in late February. Note, there is the potential for this to be a permanent position as the company is growing. This is a remote/work from home contract position with some occasional on-site meetings in their office near Irvington, NY. Ideal candidate will be based in NY, NJ, CT.
Manages Production in all aspects to ensure execution of finished products in adherence with the targeted delivery schedule and quality.
- Manage production planning including SKU Set up, product information set up, maintain HTS codes in customer systems, approve product descriptions, maintain Product Structure and pricing, packaging and labeling information and set up, vendor set ups, pre-production planning, purchase order execution and X Country delivery dates
- POs management into production tracking charts, customer price-ticket orders, customer service upload forms, check POs report and release POs to suppliers
- PO management – Ensure all suppliers are accepting new orders in a timely manner, confirm any PO changes regarding ship dates, quantity shifts/cancellations & chase orders
- Work in customer systems to submit item set ups and initiate PO’s
- Track and check Customer POs for accuracy and communicate with Sales to resolve any discrepancies
- Collaborate with engineering and overseas team on carton info and label, cartons marking, and packing instructions
- Communicate with all related departments to ensue product details are consistent with the adopted style profiles
- Tech-pack creation and maintenance in collaboration with Overseas teams, Engineering team and Design team
- Help resolve buyers booking related questions by working with logistics to confirm status
- Track and check shipments status and ensure critical booking is completed on time
- Confirm vessel bookings & hand over dates with the suppliers for all orders
- Negotiate ship dates and MOQ’s for production with suppliers overseas and Sales
- Work with Design team, and as needed buyers, for Bulk, Pre-Production, TOP sample tracking and approval along with records of all approved items
- Follow up with all direct vendors on Testing sample submissions – Pre-Production (internal testing requirements using customers protocols) as well as Top of Production
- Update and Create data sheets / Maintain customer product menus
- Customers forms and compliance sheets updating
- Maintain master list of products in production by account and category
- Inventory buy management
- Costing – ensure that margin requirements of the company and retail customers are met, by using an accurate and complete Gross Margin Matrix (GMM)
- Coordinate and direct all correspondence between regional offices, domestic offices and factories
- Ensure that all packaging requirements and POS materials are approved to meet deadlines
- Set up and maintain databases for all products sold to customers
Communication & Organization:
- Communicate consistently with the team all aspects of the business, to resolve and to improve as needed
- Anticipate next round of questions
- Candidate must be a well-organized professional with strong ability to multitask several projects and tasks aligned in a time sensitive and a fast-paced environment
- Meet customer demands with very short lead times
- Excellent time management + organizational skills
- Tremendous attention to detail + great follow up
- Get stuff done attitude
- Passion to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Team Player
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong skills in Adobe and Power Point are a plus
- Experience working with Production Management systems (like ASI, Blue Cherry, PLM, BeProduct) is preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in the Home Furnishing industry, especially Bedding, is a plus
- Time Management is the key to submit all projects in a timely manner
- Proactively manage timelines throughout the production process
- Consistency in accuracy is expected
- Open to suggestions on improving systems and support for better results
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.