Project and Construction Manager
Our client is a leading producer of PTA, PET & EPS worldwide, as well as a leading rPET manufacturer in the Americas. They operate one of the largest polypropylene facilities in North America. They have 35 plants across 9 countries with over 7,000 employees.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine project goals and metrics, and prioritizes activities in coordination with project director, project controls and scheduling manager, engineering manager, plant site representatives and Construction Management supporting services manager
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve goals, and creates a project environment that enables peak performance by team members and contractors
- Organizes the work into manageable activities and determines effective approach to completing the work
- Leads and facilitates the development for a complete and accurate project estimate and uses reserves appropriately
- Leads and facilitates the development of an adequate project planning, by ensuring that a project plan is prepared, approved by leadership management, and follows strict control on the evolution and productivities achieved
- Discusses and executes actions to correct deviations and looks to maximize benefits for the project
- Analyzes risk, establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and responsible for initiating mitigation actions
- Oversees activities of risk management and gathers stakeholders’ input into the decision-making process
- Works with planner/scheduler/controller in tracking and reporting construction progress, productivities, cost and schedule reporting and Management of Change
- Manages relationship with project stakeholders
- Involves functional expertise and specialist on engineering, procurement, construction and operations in design development and reviews, together with ensuring participation and best decision outcome by the team for key decisions in the engineering, procurement and construction process, priorities, and troubleshooting
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project process (engineering, procurement, and construction)
- Oversees project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge bases and analyzes lessons learned
- Ensures that best project and construction management practices and processes are applied in the project
- Proactively identifies changes in work scope and ensures appropriate planning measurements, agreement on cost and schedule impact and how it reflects into planned budget controls and contingency
- Represent project meetings with contractors, project team and steering committee and/or senior management
- Determine what constitutes successful project deliverables closure among all involved parties, and gain acceptance and sign-off when closure is attained
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the construction process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and competencies in project management processes and methodologies, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, working with teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings
- Knowledge of strategic and operational issues of the project
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical thinking and decision-making skills
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interest
- Presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to advise on complex matters to non-specialist; ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and the company
- Technical background sufficient to understand the technologies, and construction technical issues involved with project and the industry, to be able to anticipate and identify obstacles, risk and opportunities, and to make accurate decisions
- Personal integrity and courage to escalate issues about the project to management when necessary and to advocate for responsible solutions to project problems
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to work well with people from many different disciplines and background, concise and tactful communication
- Ability to build teams and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups
- Ability to negotiate consensus amongst diverse groups
- Budget management skills, ability to analyze and review financial plans and related budgetary information to determine the impact on project
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.