This is a Globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi. We are committed to offering sustainable manufacturing solutions to our customers and communities as a leading supplier of GreenPET (recycled and renewable raw materials), processing over 5 billion plastic bottles annually and spearheading a true circular PET economy.
The ideal candidate for the Electrical/Controls Engineer role will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and has excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
The production Supervisor, leads, mentors, coaches their team via clear expectation(s) as outlined by each associates job description and by perform audits of each position, adjusting as necessary, ultimately maintaining accountability through regular audits and checks. This ensures each associate knows their responsibility and is aligned with expectations. The supervisor support and manage the shift keeping them aligned to Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (The essential functions include, but are not limited to):
- Being visible and involved while working side by side with the leads and shift associates
- Supervising, managing, and aligning employees to business rules, expectations, and standards
- Being an expert and key point of contact on shift
- Performing (front to back process walks) regularly. Auditing and gaging how well the process is working and our employees are performing. Min of 3 full cycles per shift by Supervisor with cross checks performed by the Leads
- Holding associates (equally) accountable for delivery of results and compliance to polices and standards as established by the company
- Aligning associates to high standards of safety performance and leadership that is seen, felt, and understood across the entire organization
- Coordinate activities on shift and between shifts
- Coordinate efforts and collaborate with quality, shipping/receiving, and maintenance.
- Ensuring appropriate escalation happens as needed
- Creating schedule requirements for internal and external customers in line with appropriate priorities based on the manufacturing/maintenance plan
- Continuous improvement related to employee safety, operational efficiency, technical skills and promoting a cooperative attitude with team members
- Managing departmental performance metrics, including visual controls, and providing regular progress reports to Plant Leadership
- Performing employee evaluations (on time) and managing attendance/recommending disciplinary or opportunities for improvement action to human resources
- Maintaining a safe, organized, and clean work environment by educating and instructing associates on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, to maintain compliance with established regulations, policies, and procedures
- Promoting a team environment throughout all levels of the organization, including maintenance, engineering, safety, and environmental, planning, and senior leadership
- Drive teamwork, and alignment with company values
- Maintaining proficiency in NAV, SAP, BHS, Wash-line, Wastewater, Pelletron, and other key production systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- To perform this job the individual must have the following or equivalent:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills in English with Spanish as a plus
- Proficient computer-skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be a good problem solver, a good listener, analytical and hands on
- Experience with and knowledge of 5S philosophy, Lean Manufacturing, and six sigma processes as applied to the manufacturing floor desired
- Must be experienced in safety procedures, quality procedures, good manufacturing procedures, and maintenance procedures
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Plastics, recycling, or extrusion experience a plus
- Mechanical and some electronic background a plus
- Technical problem solver
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.