This is a Globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi. We are committed to offering sustainable manufacturing solutions to our customers and communities as a leading supplier of GreenPET (recycled and renewable raw materials), processing over 5 billion plastic bottles annually and spearheading a true circular PET economy.
The Flake Manufacturing Manager directs and manages the Flake Operations department. The Flake Manufacturing Manager will ensure efficient, safe, and cost-effective utilization of human capital, equipment, and facilities to produce quality products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the site leadership team to ensure production demands are met, quality standards maintained, and a safe environment provided. Monitor overall plant performance for production, safety, and quality standards
- Ensure work in process materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Act responsively to resolve production/material problems, mechanical issues, or unsafe conditions
- Supervise Operations Supervisors and ~80 indirect reports within the Flake Operations area in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Plan and assign tasks and responsibilities; interview, select, train, and coach employees; appraise performance; and address complaints and resolve issues
- Promote a safe work environment. Develop and enforce safety procedures and practices adhering to corporate policies
- Ensure safety supplies are available and PPE is worn per procedures
- Order and ensure availability of operating supplies and consumables
- Ensure Shift Supervisors fully comply with our time management policies
- Maintain active focus on continuous improvement to reduce complaints, improve value, and lower costs
- Manage performance measures and provide regular progress reports to Site Leader and Site Leadership Team
- Ensure employees are trained and understand the importance of maintaining accurate records and are entering accurate data into our systems
- Follow all applicable company and plant Quality, Safety, and housekeeping rules
- Bachelors, Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Five years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Two years of experience in plastic processing and/or recycling. Knowledge of extrusion molding methods and processes is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Material Handling operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to effectively deal with a moderate level of ambiguity
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills. Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and subordinate instructions. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint. SAP knowledge preferred
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results
- SAP experience preferred
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), policies, and procedures related to Quality to ensure that all manufactured products are in compliance with Customer Specifications and Industry and Company Standards
- Follow all applicable plant rules, maintenance rules and general plant safety rules at all times while on company property
- Wear approved PPE in all manufacturing areas at all times
- Conduct inspection of work area. Immediately report any safety, maintenance or housekeeping issues to appropriate Manager
- Immediately notify appropriate Manager of any concerns or questions regarding safety procedures
- Follow specific safety rules for all manufacturing equipment and material handling equipment
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.