This is a Globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi. We are committed to offering sustainable manufacturing solutions to our customers and communities as a leading supplier of GreenPET (recycled and renewable raw materials), processing over 5 billion plastic bottles annually and spearheading a true circular PET economy.
The ideal candidate for the Electrical/Controls Engineer role will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and has excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
The Controls Engineer will provide support, coordination and development for the Process and Service areas within the following main competences:
- Provide hands-on technical and advisory support to the plant maintenance department.
- Provide training to controls and electrical technicians
- Troubleshoot and resolve electrical/instrumentation reliability issues
- Support site projects and electrical design needs
- Experience with instruments and sensors such as flow meters, variable speed driver, temperature sensors, pressure and level transmitters, communication devices and interfaces
- Experience working at voltage up to 13.8kV
- Closely work in a team atmosphere with various functional roles in the routine and non-routine repair of instrumentation, analyzers, variable speed driver/controls and electrical equipment
- Implement improvements and reliability initiatives to improve yields, capacity, cost, energy and safety
- Perform root cause analysis of failed components
- Support and provide guidance during plant power outages, upsets and shutdowns
- Manage small projects related to electrical, controls, and reliability
- Comply with plant safety rules and improve safety through engineered improvements and review of plant guidelines and procedures
- Assist with Maintenance training and development activities used to enhance the department’s technical base and core competencies
- Ensure efficient use of resources and stay within approved expense and capital expenditure guidelines in completing assignments
- Work independently or as a member of a team to assess, design, train and implement preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM), and continuous reliability improvement modifications
- Perform technical review of instrumentation system designs and modifications
- Ensure all activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain and update PLC code as required by operations, maintenance, and projects
- All other duties as assigned and or required
This company is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements.
- To perform this job successfully the individual must have the following or equivalent:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance environment
- PLC knowledge, preferably B&R automation
- Knowledge of PM/PdM best practices
- Safe work habits with high energy level
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team seeking to continuously improvement
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Results oriented. Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good problem solving and math skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Window Software Suit
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.