Production/ Manufacturing Line Manager
We are working with a large (well over $12B in annual revenue) and growing global organization looking for a Production/Manufacturing Line Manager for one of the company’s Raleigh/Durham NC area facilities. The company offers a competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, strong benefits and opportunities for growth/career advancement, including global opportunities. Ideally someone with a Mechanical or other relevant Engineering degree, 5+ years of experience in a large manufacturing setting, background in nonwovens/extrusion/fiber spinning/etc. A technical and hands on person with 5S experience, process-oriented trouble shooter, good communicator/manager, mechanical aptitude, etc. to manage the daily activities for one of their manufacturing lines. The company’s products go into a variety of industries including floor covering, filtration, geotextiles, automotive, hospitality, etc. for some major organizations.
A Production Line Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of their assigned manufacturing line, including safety, materials, personnel, quality, and productivity. The manager coordinates the production schedule and makes decisions and take actions to maximize productivity and quality yield of the product. They work with engineering and development as needed to implement preventive maintenance and new processes for their assigned area.
- Manages up to 4 Teams comprised of a Team Lead and up to 4 operators each
- Responsible for safety of individuals through training and conducting regular safety audits for the line
- Tracks and communicates KPIs for area
- Follows and enforces 5S housekeeping and LEAN Principles
- Coordinates daily schedule and communication to production floor
- Audits and maintains quality requirements as well as product specifications
- Creates, reviews, and updates production line SOPs
- Facilitates preventative maintenance tasks as assigned to teams
- Provides suggested process improvements as well as helps to implement these changes
- Evaluates all hourly personnel for safety, attendance, and performance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or science discipline highly preferred
- 2-5 years of Manufacturing experience required, plastics, textiles, or paper preferred including extrusion, nonwovens, fiber / fiber spinning
- Willingness to work hands-on with the operators as well as maintenance on problem solving and preventive maintenance / housekeeping tasks
- Must communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with various work disciplines
- Proficient in basic math and some ability in higher math including statistics preferred
- Knowledge of 5S, LEAN, and Six Sigma
- Standard work time: Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, 1 on-call weekend per month
- Travel may be required and normally 5%
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.