We are working with a fast growing, industry leader in domestic and Western hemisphere manufacturing of Performance Apparel. The company is looking for a GM to manage their facility in the Portland, OR area.
The Facility GM position is a highly visible role that provides servant leadership and strategic direction for one or more facilities. Is responsible for achieving facility operational and financial targets while
ensuring the team embraces and champions the company’s core values and operating principles.
• Leads by example and sets the direction for the management team and associates
• Partners with Finance and Executive leadership in setting budgets, monthly and annual production capacities and financial targets
• Clearly communicates expectations, provides mentoring and applies accountability
• Partners with HR and ensures entire team manages and administers all HR policies equitably and consistently
• Is proactive and solution oriented, applies critical thinking to continuous improvement and problem-solving efforts
• Analyzes key metrics and KPI’s leading to decisions to improve operational effectiveness
• Establishes productive working relationships, collaborates and communicates with other departments and operations
• Understands all aspects of the business and operations under his/her leadership
• Works directly with Capacity Planning to define and adjust capacity and capability
• Partners with Quality and builds a manufacturing culture that drives to high quality product
• Follows and enhances all quality processes to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
• Responsible for all aspects of expenses associated with production
• Must ensure safety for all associates through safe practices and effective communication
• Must ensure all customer “code of conduct” expectations are met
• Identifies development opportunities within each management staff member and creates dialogue and plan to achieve opportunities
• Addresses poor performance in conjunction with HR with a consistent, documented and equitable process
• Champions LEAN implementation, partners with Engineering, maintains and sustains Lean practices
• Responsible for all embellishment and distribution operations, including inventory accuracy
• Verifiable experience leading manufacturing operations
• Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering field and 5+ years of experience leading large teams in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Distribution experience a plus
• Experience in the apparel and sporting goods industry a plus
• Screen printing experience is a plus
• Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to work per prescribed production methodologies and processes
• Must have a customer service and continuous improvement mindset
• P/L financial experience
• Excellent organizational and engaging interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and writing
• Proficient in Windows and in MS Office
• Experience with Production Management Software a plus
• Experience in LEAN/SIX SIGMA is a requirement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.