Director of Sourcing
This US Owned Uniform company has $50MM+ in sales and is growing in their niche. They are investing in bringing new products to market & installing new processes. They sell direct as well as having a Retail presence and an online fulfillment center. They are focused on quality and putting out a quality product.
This company has a strong manufacturing heritage. The Director of Sourcing is a relatively new role due to the strategic importance of nurturing direct import sourcing partnerships with best in class providers. This position reports directly to the COO.
The Director of Sourcing is responsible for the purchase and administration of full-package sourced supply chains for the company. Establish and maintain sourced production plans, schedules, capacity reservations and associated supply chain functionality for all import procurement scenarios. Ensure that suppliers, buying agents and other internal and external service providers consistently meet and exceed expectations with respect to price, quality, delivery, product compliance, social compliance and customer service.
- Sourced Planning and Scheduling:
- Develop and maintain full-pkg sourced production plans, schedules and associated capacity reservations in accordance with global strategy, merchandising calendar and annual buy plan requirements
- Establish and maintain profiles for sourced supplier capabilities, capacities, lead times, product compliance, social compliance and geo-political risk
- Purchase Order Management:
- Issue, acknowledge and maintain purchase orders, delivery dates and other contractual obligations/commitments with import supplier/partners and service providers
- Provide and maintain weekly production status WIP and delivery reporting for all supply chains
- Monitor and troubleshoot production and delivery issues
- Supply Chain Management:
- Assume primary accountability for supply chain integrity including but not limited to merchandising, production, quality assurance, labeling and packaging, transportation/logistics, international trade, product and social compliance
- Proactively identify issues, real and perceived, and champion remediation in a collaborative and timely manner
- Supplier-Partner Management:
- Identify, qualify and manage sourced suppliers and service providers pursuant to the multi-year sourcing and procurement plan
- Manage delivery performance
- Develop and document contingency plan(s) for each supply chain & supplier
- Cost of Goods:
- Establish and maintain seasonal engineered projected cost of goods (COGs)
- Negotiate and manage purchase price variances
- Continually re-negotiate purchase price variances and leverage increased economies of scale to generate annual COGs savings
- Ten (10) plus years of professional experience in Textile and/or Apparel Supply Chain Operations; Five (5) to Seven (7) years of international apparel production and supply chain logistics; Three (3) to Five (5) years of management and supervisory experience
- Ability to function effectively across a wide range of professional environs, domestically and internationally
- Supplier management experience and expertise
- Solid apparel and textile technical skills
- Must have demonstrated good planning and analytical skills
- Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to successfully negotiate purchase prices, terms and conditions, claims and other contractual obligations
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising, Textile Management, Business Administration and/or equivalent directly related work experience
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.